cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music plays slowly

dwtsn2020
Local Performer

am very disappointed with Pandora lately. Almost every time I start Pandora, the first song starts playing like an old record player when it’s going super slow. 

I also travel extensively for work and even though I download playlists and stations, the last time I pulled up Pandora on a flight there were about 3 songs it would play in “offline mode.”

Lastly, using my iPhone11, while going through the Pandora app, many of the pages wouldn’t work properly. Search icons would not be selectable, certain Help pages wouldn’t load/show properly, and even now as I type, my cursor will not show anywhere in this text box. 

I'm definitely looking for a music app that is ALOT more stable and user-friendly.

P.S. As I completed this on my phone, Pandora wouldn't let me post it. I kept getting an error stating "Please correct highlighted areas" and there was NOTHING highlighted. VERY poor site management and lack of a user-friendly platform has me looking elsewhere for my music needs. Sad 😞 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @dwtsn2020. 👋

Thanks for your feedback regarding the community. I'll be sure to share this with our team as we're always looking for ways to improve the community as well as the Pandora service in general. Your thoughts are extremely valuable to us, and we appreciate you taking the time to share them.

++

Your Device 📲:

Would you mind providing a bit more information about your device?

Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 11
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

++

Offline Issues 💭

If you have storage available, I would recommend disabling offline mode and re-enabling it will reset the download process. Make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your phone (open on your main screen) while the download completes.

Something to keep in mind: Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage on your device, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

++

Music Starting Slowly :

Another option is to uninstall / reinstall the Pandora app on your iPhone 11. This will also reset the download process on your device (don't worry - we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).*

To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. 

Lastly, I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to report this over to our engineering team. Trying out these steps will help capture what is happening so that they can look into the issue.

Let me know if those steps help with the issues you're experiencing. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @dwtsn2020. 👋

Thanks for your feedback regarding the community. I'll be sure to share this with our team as we're always looking for ways to improve the community as well as the Pandora service in general. Your thoughts are extremely valuable to us, and we appreciate you taking the time to share them.

++

Your Device 📲:

Would you mind providing a bit more information about your device?

Could you tell me more about your device?

• Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

++

Offline Issues 💭

If you have storage available, I would recommend disabling offline mode and re-enabling it will reset the download process. Make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your phone (open on your main screen) while the download completes.

Something to keep in mind: Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage on your device, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

++

Music Starting Slowly :

Another option is to uninstall / reinstall the Pandora app on your iPhone 11. This will also reset the download process on your device (don't worry - we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).*

To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. 

Lastly, I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to report this over to our engineering team. Trying out these steps will help capture what is happening so that they can look into the issue.

Let me know if those steps help with the issues you're experiencing. 

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

dwtsn2020
Local Performer

Alyssa, thank you for your help. Here's the information you asked for:

Your Device

• Carrier: Verizon
  • iOS version: 13.3.1
  • Pandora version: 2002.1

Offline Issues

I currently have 41.48GB of space available on my phone. 

Music Starting Slowly

I have deleted the app and will reload it this afternoon to see if that affects how it starts playing the initial song after opening. I'll see if it still sounds like a slow, broken record.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sticking with me on this, @dwtsn2020.

Feel free to keep me updated by responding directly to this thread.

0 Kudos

Mattf
Local Performer

Happens to me too. Weird!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @Mattf, sorry to hear this is happening for you as well.

Can you give me some info about your device:

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:

Does this happen on Cellular and WiFi?

On every station or have you noticed a trend with select stations?

Thanks for the help. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos