cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora songs silent on airplay

Mpspraggin
Local Performer

First song plays with sound but subsequent songs are silent until ad plays which has sound.  The first song after ad plays with sound but the song right after is silent .  When an ad plays again there is sound and the cycle starts over . I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling  app.  Signing on and off app and powering down phone.  So far nothings worked.  I know a previous post stated a problem like this was solved with an update by pandora a few months ago.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mpspraggin
Local Performer

It looks like it’s working now.  The only thing I did was download the pandora app on my Roku .  If you did anything on your end thanks !

View solution in original post

5 Replies

AdamPandora

@Mpspraggin Thanks for writing and sorry for any trouble.

To clarify, are you only experiencing this issue with Pandora?

Have you tried streaming other apps such as YouTube?

If not, please try launching the YouTube app and let me know if you experience similar issues there as well.

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos

Mpspraggin
Local Performer

It looks like it’s working now.  The only thing I did was download the pandora app on my Roku .  If you did anything on your end thanks !

AdamPandora

@Mpspraggin Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

MattB17
Underground

Similar issue. Sometimes several songs will play over airplay, from phone to Apple TV, then it will go silent and “play” several songs with no audio. Randomly the audio will come back by itself sometimes, or I can stop the playback, turn off AirPlay, turn back on AirPlay, then play the songs again. Same issue using two different iPhones, and two different Apple TVs. 
I can even be air playing to both Apple TVs from one phone, and the issue is the same…

0 Kudos

LeonPandora

@MattB17 Sorry to hear that. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue.

First, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos