cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium iOS Doesn't Play Local Files First

applemacdave
Underground
The iOS app (latest as of this writing, and previous versions) does not play local files first when listening to a station. If a song is downloaded to my local device previously and that song comes up while playing a station, the file is downloaded (over wifi or cellular) rather than played locally from storage. This, when on cellular, inflates data use and battery drain. Even if you aren't in "offline mode", the application should pull from local storage if the file exists, this seems like a significant oversight that should be corrected. The logic flow should be: Play song "x". Does song "x" exist locally? If yes, play from storage, if no, begin streaming.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @applemacdave thanks for posting to community!

This is currently not a feature of Pandora. I would recommend visiting our Feature Request board with your feedback. This is the best way to let Pandora know the features you'd like to see for the app. Don't forget to like  ❤️ those ideas that are currently posted! 

Thanks again for being part of community. 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

applemacdave
Underground

Thanks for the quick reply, at the very least, you've confirmed that it's not a "problem" but a lack of function - though I'd argue that function seems like it would be pretty obvious... thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I'll head that way now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @applemacdave thanks for posting to community!

This is currently not a feature of Pandora. I would recommend visiting our Feature Request board with your feedback. This is the best way to let Pandora know the features you'd like to see for the app. Don't forget to like  ❤️ those ideas that are currently posted! 

Thanks again for being part of community. 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

applemacdave
Underground

Thanks for the quick reply, at the very least, you've confirmed that it's not a "problem" but a lack of function - though I'd argue that function seems like it would be pretty obvious... thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I'll head that way now.

0 Kudos