cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Shuffle Option is Missing

Stevorino505
Local Performer

I can’t believe this hasn’t been fixed. This is a deal breaker for sure. I have a lot of stations but without this function I’m left with the paid subscription to Amazon music.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@richardw154 After taking a look at the Pandora account connected to your Community profile, I am not seeing any associations with an iOS device.

This specific thread is for folks who are running into an issue where the Shuffle option is missing when streaming Pandora on their iOS device.

To clarify, is the Shuffle option also missing when you stream Pandora from your Android device?

If so, you should be able to locate the Shuffle Stations option in your Station List.

• Go to My Collection.
    • Pandora Premium listeners, filter My Collection further by Stations. 
    • Shuffle Stations will then be located at the top of the screen

Let me know if this helps.

View solution in original post

28 Replies

Amy2
Local Performer

Using app on iOS- Yesterday I upgraded to pandora premium and now I can’t find shuffle option in my stations. I downgraded back to plus hoping that was the problem but it’s still no where to be found. I can see it when I login on desktop site but want it back on the app. How?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Amy2 @Stevorino505. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running into trouble with Shuffle on your iOS devices. We reopened this ticket with our engineering team. I moved your posts to a separate thread for "Shuffle Option is Missing".

If you haven't already, please try out these steps to uninstall / reinstall.

If the issue persists with the Shuffle option missing completely, please share all pertinent information so that I can report your individual experiences with our engineering team:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks so much for your help with this! 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Amy2
Local Performer

Unistall/Reinstall didn't work. Here's the info you requested:

iPhone XS Max

Carrier: Verizon

iOS version: 13.3.1

Pandora version: 2004.1

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Amy2 Thank you for sending over your device details.

I've shared this with our engineering team for further review. Other listeners have reported similar issues with the Shuffle option missing. 

Appreciate your patience while they work on this! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Megarina21
Local Performer

I had the option to shuffle all my stations and then I closed the app and restarted it and it logged me out so I logged back in and found that the shuffle button is missing to listen to all my stations. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still no luck..

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @Megarina21. I checked your account and it sounds like this may be happening on your iPhone. So I've moved your message to an existing thread on this here.

When you say you closed the app and restarted, did you mean you uninstalled and reinstalled?

In the meantime, I'd like to collect some additional info on your iPhone to report back to our engineers. 

• Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thank you!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kermit01
Local Performer

How do I set "shuffle" on all my stations?  The shuffle icon does not appear on Iphone or on my laptop on the website.  Thanks

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @Kermit01 thanks for posting to community. Sorry to hear this.

I've moved your message over to an existing thread for missing shuffle on iPhone, here

For your iPhone, if you haven't already, can you try the steps that @AlyssaPandora mentions in her post here

If the option is still missing after trying those steps, I'd like to pass your info along to our engineers. 

Can you let me know the following:

++++

For Shuffle on the web, I took a peak at your account and I do see the options still available on my end, however, there doesn't appear to be any stations selected. 

Can you take a screenshot on your computer of what you're seeing? (If you need help with this let me know.)

If you're able to edit your shuffle selection, can you go ahead and select the stations you'd like to shuffle and try again. 

Let me know how it goes and if you need help taking that screenshot. Thanks! 😄

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Megarina21
Local Performer

I was listening to Pandora at the time but then it stopped playing my music due to no service at the time so I closed the app and then opened it back up which is when it logged me out completely in which I then logged in and found the shuffle button missing. I then deleted the app and then reinstalled it and I still had the same problem, no shuffle option for all stations.

iPhone X

13.3.1 (17D50)

version 2004.2-4-115ac490

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following with that info @Megarina21 - super helpful.

Could you do me a big favor and also take a screenshot on your phone of the Shuffle option missing. I'd like to include this with your info. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Megarina21
Local Performer

345B7084-C5E5-4338-B0B3-4991212279F1.jpeg

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thank you @Megarina21! 😃

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

lolitahanks64
Local Performer

same issue.  Windows 10 V 1903 IDK what version of Pandora I have

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @lolitahanks64. 👋

Sorry to hear that your shuffle option is missing.

Could you clarify how you're listening a bit? Are you using a computer device?

If so, which web browser are you using? Or, are you using the desktop app.

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

asolis12782
Local Performer

Hi, 

I am not able to utilize the shuffle option on Pandora. It just reverts to playing the last station I listened to. No error message or anything. I've read similar posts that recommended I should restart my phone and if that didn't work, to uninstall and re-install the app. Neither have worked. Any other suggestions? I'd hate to keep paying for a service that I don't get to utilize my favorite feature. I have provided the following information that seems to be collected for further investigation:

• Device & Generation: iPhone 11
  • Carrier: AT&T
  • iOS version: 13.4.1
  • Pandora version: 2005.1
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @asolis12782. 👋

Sorry that you're also experiencing this issue. To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Shuffle Option is Missing 

Thanks so much for running through the troubleshooting steps, and for sharing your device information. We have a ticket open for this issue with our engineering team. I've gone ahead and reported your details over to them.

Appreciate your patience while they work on this! 🎧

0 Kudos

CarolinaChief
Local Performer

I am having same issue and it is the shuffle stations is the ONLY reason I decided to switch from Spotify.  I'm going to cancel until resolved.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @CarolinaChief. 👋

I completely understand your frustration. Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your shuffle option missing. I'd like to add your info on the ticket we have open with our engineering team.

• Carrier:

If you don't mind, could you also send a screenshot of what you see when you go to look for your shuffle option?

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

richardw154
Local Performer

We are having the same problem and this is crazy there is no solution. Deal breaker for sure.

0 Kudos