cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring downloads to a new iOS device

jmarmande
Local Performer

I have Pandora Premium with many songs and stations saved for use in offline mode. I am purchasing a new phone soon and wondering if there is a way to transfer these without manually downloading again. 

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @jmarmande.

Your offline tunes are device-specific.

This also means with Pandora Premium, you would need to manually download your offline content again on your new device. 

If you're interested in having your downloads automatically restored, I would recommend checking out this existing feature request. You can upvote this request by clicking on the  ❤️icon.

See ya around the community! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @jmarmande.

Your offline tunes are device-specific.

This also means with Pandora Premium, you would need to manually download your offline content again on your new device. 

If you're interested in having your downloads automatically restored, I would recommend checking out this existing feature request. You can upvote this request by clicking on the  ❤️icon.

See ya around the community! 🎶

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Bobbytony
Underground

This may have been asked before, but are you able to transfer downloaded music from one iPhone to a new one? I’m about to get a new iPhone and was wondering if Pandora will sync on the new phone and download all the music I’ve downloaded, or do I have to spend all that time to RE download it manually? Thanks. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Bobbytony. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread as you have a similar question.

Please see my post here regarding offline downloads on a new device.

Hope this info is helpful. Thanks so much for being a part of the Pandora Community! 🎧

Sgeldert87
Local Performer

So I’ve been with y’all for a good min. I’ve made contact with customer support multiple times with my issue. This is the last thing I’ll try before I consider canceling my subscription. It’s simple. I transfer my iPad from my car to my truck. I’m in my vehicle 10+ hours a day. Sometime I lose reception for a good portion of the day. That is the point off offline listening. So you can continue to listen to your music that you either downloaded while online or listen to an offline station. While online all the content I’ve downloaded shows up. But when I go offline it only shows the most recent downloads on my iPad. But my Samsung phone show all the content that I download and I can listen to all my downloads offline on my phone. I need it on my iPad not my phone. I’m tired of getting someone new every other week telling the same thing. If done the software updates, I’ve don’t the delete and reinstalling, if don’t the offline to online reset. I’ve logged out and logged back in. It is not a storage issue as Pandora’s and Waze are the only two apps I have on the iPad. And yes, it’s constantly hooked to wifi or cellular data. Maybe someone up here has a freaking idea that can help!!!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Sgeldert87. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. Thanks so much for posting your experience on the Pandora Community!

To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Transferring downloads to a new iOS device

Your offline tunes are device-specific. If you have offline tunes downloaded on your Samsung device - your offline stations / downloads won't be the same on your iPad device. This also means with Pandora Premium, you would need to manually download your offline content again on if you're using a different device. 

When you log in / out of the Pandora app on your iPad or Samsung device, this will actually reset the download process (meaning you'll have to wait and redownload).

Just to clarify, it sounds like you've tried downloading all of your offline content on your iPad device but only the newest downloads show up (not everything else)?

++

Can you also share your device details?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

Sgeldert87
Local Performer

IPad Air3, US Cellular, device Version 14.2, Pandora version 2010.1.1

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sgeldert87 Thank you for that helpful information. I've reported your issue over to our engineering team for further review. 

I understand how inconvenient this can be. Appreciate your patience while they look into this! 🎧