cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to Facebook account

amulska
Underground

I cannot connect my Pandora Account to my Facebook on IOS or anything else. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted, updated, and read all the help posts and none of it is working. Inside Facebook, Pandora is linked and working.

63EA2513-BFBB-4AC4-96A2-AA85323DABD1.png

77C7D42B-8D6E-4496-B11A-7B838BDF84A8.png

1C5791CC-B09D-4833-8670-20AFC04055E8.png

CA0E6E75-90FA-4B91-93F9-45A313C0C07F.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amulska Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this!

0 Kudos

amulska
Underground

iPhone 7, Verizon, iOS14.1, v2010.1.1 - it happens on wifi and cellular, and I have not noticed any patterns, other than it used to work and now it doesn’t 🤷🏼‍♀️ lol. Thank you!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amulska Thanks for following up.

I created a ticket with our engineers, and passed your feedback along to them so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix. 🛠

0 Kudos

Flygon
Underground

Hi,

My name is Flygon and I’m having trouble linking my Facebook account to my Pandora account.  So these are the steps I took to try to resolve the issue:

1 I had an account previously with Pandora under one of my emails. However, I accidentally disconnected my Facebook account from my Pandora account through Facebook’s apps and website feature so I needed to reconnect my account to Pandora. However, when I tried to reconnect my account I get the following error message: Unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. 

Error I'm getting when Trying to connect Facebook in iOSError I'm getting when Trying to connect Facebook in iOS

2 I tried even setting my profile settings to public, still same error.

3 After a week with no resolution to this issue, I decided to delete my Pandora account under my main email and created a new account just now under my other email. I tried to link my Facebook to this new account but still the same Unexpected Error Occurred error message.

4 I have tried to link my Facebook account to Pandora's Desktop site and that worked before. However, all I'm seeing is the default profile picture and not my profile picture I had on my Facebook.

standard deviation x2.png

In addition, the Facebook account unlinks from Pandora after a while and when I try to re-link it in the iOS app, it is still the same error seen in the screenshot above.

These steps have all been done in the iOS Pandora app and some through the Desktop Pandora app. I have already reached out directly to support and I have not heard back from them after recently replying to their reply of reaching out to engineers. In the meantime, I’m super frustrated with this error because I want to be able to have my own profile picture on my Pandora account but this Unexpected error occurred error message is preventing me from doing this. It’s too bad I had to delete my account that I had for a long period of time and having to create a new account because of this error.

Hopefully someone is able to help me with this error here. 

Thanks for the help,

Flygon Allegretto 

0 Kudos

Flygon
Underground

Hi,

Ive been having issues connecting my Facebook to Pandora through the iOS Pandora app. I keep getting the following error, shown below:

Error I'm getting when Trying to connect Facebook in iOSError I'm getting when Trying to connect Facebook in iOS

Moderator edit: format

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Flygon I moved your post over to this existing thread: Unable to connect to Facebook account

I do see you have already been in contact with our support team via Twitter.

Make sure to follow up with the information they requested, and they will be happy to look into this further with you. 

Flygon
Underground

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the prompt response. However, I had an initial thread about this with more details here in the community, yet it was marked as spam. Why was that? I just really needed help and I didn't realize that some of the content in that thread was considered spam.

Also, how do I delete threads if I accidentally posted in the wrong place? I'm very new to this community so sorry if my posts are coming off as spam or in the wrong place.

Thanks for clarifying.

- Flygon

0 Kudos

Flygon
Underground

Replying to Pandora Support on Twitter now.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, @Flygon. Sorry about the spam issue, sometimes messages can get caught in our spam filters. We check those filters daily.

Let us know if you need anything else. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Flygon
Underground

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying on the spam. The only question/updates now is that I'm able to link my Facebook on the Desktop version of Pandora, however, when Facebook links, it just shows Facebook's default profile silhouette as my profile picture here in Pandora. In addition, the Facebook unlinks from my Pandora after a while, resulting me in having to re-link the facebook and running into the same error posted in this thread.  I have already informed the support agent I'm working with on this as well.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good, @Flygon. Thanks for letting us know.

Your feedback / experience has been reported over to our engineering team. We currently have an internal ticket open for this issue.

Appreciate your patience while they look into this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Gray1887
Local Performer

I am having these same issues with the same error messages. Two years later and the problem isn't fixed? 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Gray1887 👋

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your first post! 🎉

Please try running our iOS Troubleshooting Steps to see if this helps and try again.

To connect your Pandora account with Facebook from a mobile device: 

1. Open Pandora and tap the Profile tab.
  2. Press the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  3. Select Privacy. 
  4. Under Manage External Services, you can toggle the Facebook setting to On. You will be asked to authorize your connection. A confirmation message will pop up indicating that you have successfully connected your Pandora and Facebook accounts.

++++++

If you're still experiencing issues, I would like to report your issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen) 

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this.

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos