cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does “loopable” mean without gapless playback?

Clh
Local Performer

I’m listening to an ASMR nature sounds playlist, and some of the tracks are described as “loop-able” in the title. I can make it loop using the loop-1 button, obviously, but I can do that for any track, “loopable” or not. 

I assumed it meant the track would loop seamlessly without any inter-gap pause, but not so — there is still an annoying pause when it loops. (I’ve since read that gapless playback is not  an option.) What, then, makes a track “loopable”?

For this kind of material I think being able to play gaplessly is important.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Clh. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space! 

I completely understand where you're coming from. Unfortunately, we do not offer crossfading / gapless playback as a feature of Pandora.

However, we do have an existing feature request that you may be interested in: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

• To upvote an a feature request, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request / suggestion.
  • For more information about how feature requests work on the community, feel free to check out this helpful infographic: "How do requests become features?"

++

To shuffle an on-demand piece of content such as an album or playlist:

1. Go to the Now Playing screen and select the icon with intersecting arrows on the bottom of the screen to turn Shuffle on or off.
  2. When the shuffle icon is highlighted, it will shuffle all the songs from that album or playlist.

To make the album, playlist or track you're listening to repeat:

1. Go to the Now Playing screen and select the circling arrows icon on the bottom left of the screen to turn Repeat on or off.
  2. Selecting the icon once will cause a playlist or album to play in a loop. This means the song will play on repeat more than one time.
  3. To make a single track repeat, select the same icon a second time. The icon will change to reveal a number 1, indicating that only one track will be repeated.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Clh. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space! 

I completely understand where you're coming from. Unfortunately, we do not offer crossfading / gapless playback as a feature of Pandora.

However, we do have an existing feature request that you may be interested in: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

• To upvote an a feature request, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request / suggestion.
  • For more information about how feature requests work on the community, feel free to check out this helpful infographic: "How do requests become features?"

++

To shuffle an on-demand piece of content such as an album or playlist:

1. Go to the Now Playing screen and select the icon with intersecting arrows on the bottom of the screen to turn Shuffle on or off.
  2. When the shuffle icon is highlighted, it will shuffle all the songs from that album or playlist.

To make the album, playlist or track you're listening to repeat:

1. Go to the Now Playing screen and select the circling arrows icon on the bottom left of the screen to turn Repeat on or off.
  2. Selecting the icon once will cause a playlist or album to play in a loop. This means the song will play on repeat more than one time.
  3. To make a single track repeat, select the same icon a second time. The icon will change to reveal a number 1, indicating that only one track will be repeated.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

asosb
Local Performer

@AlyssaPandora The feature request you linked is from 2019. This is not an uncommon feature and is greatly desired. What's the hold up?

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @asosb. 👋

Thanks for your feedback around this.

You can find out more about how suggestions work on the Pandora Community here: "How do requests become features?"

At this time, I do not have an update on this suggestion. Please be sure to upvote the suggestion if you'd like to see that option implemented. 

Thanks so much for being a part of the community! 🎧

0 Kudos

jab6string
Underground

I'm with you and have no idea what the hold up is on such a basic feature.  Not having gapless playback means we do not hear what the artist meant for us to hear, which is so counterintuitive.  For a price, Pandora is providing us an artist's work, but Pandora is presenting it in a bastardized fashion that is frankly insulting to the artist and to the customer.  Get anyone you know who uses Pandora to come and vote for the feature.  Many of us have been pushing this for a long time.