cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 16: Cast doesn’t show Sonos speakers

usahale
Underground

Upgraded to iOS 16 and have lost the ability to cast to Sonos speakers because they don’t show on the Cast pane.

I have rebooted the network, Sonos and the iPhone. No change.

iOS 15 still works so I’m guessing Apple has changed something for Local Networks. 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi All 👋

We believe this issue has been resolved with the recent release of Pandora App version 2211.1. Please try updating the Pandora app using these steps:

• Open the App Store application.
  • Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  • Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon. *Keep in mind, previous updates are not available for download.

This thread will now be blocked from further replies. If you continue to experience issues, please post a new comment here.

Hope this helps and happy listening! 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

29 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@usahale To clarify, are you only experiencing this issue with Pandora?

Have you tried casting other apps such as YouTube?

If not, please try launching the YouTube app and let me know if you experience similar issues there as well.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

usahale
Underground
I don’t see Sonos speakers as ‘cast able’ on YouTube in either iOS 15 nor 16. Spotify does work in both 15 & 16.

Dave
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @usahale.

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If that does not resolve the issue, can you please send me a screenshot of the Pandora app where the casting icon used to be located?

Thanks again for working with me on this.

usahale
Underground

No change. Couldn’t attach photos, sent in email. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @usahale. 👋

Thanks for trying out those steps. 

Unfortunately, sending the photos via the Community notification you received via email won't pop up here. 

Could you try updating to the newest Pandora app version released today?

You can manually update the Pandora app from the App store on your Apple device.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

usahale
Underground

IMG_7185.pngIMG_7186.png

Update did not impact the results. I managed to attach today.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @usahale. 👋

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: iOS 16
  • Pandora version: 2209.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for sticking with us on this. 🤝

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

usahale
Underground

iPhone 13 Pro

Verizon

iOS 16

Pandora 2209.1

Wi-Fi

Have restarted phone, removed/reinstalled Pandora. Spotify (free version) on same phone shows the  Sonos speakers instantly. Both Wi-Fi and Sonos have been restarted. I can't confirm this worked on this particular iPhone before iOS 16 because I recently re-started the family plan and before I was using Apple Music due to a free trial. I can confirm an iPad Pro and iPhone Xr in the household, both on iOS 15.6, work correctly on the same Wi-Fi network.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much, @usahale! I've added this info to an internal for our engineering team to investigate. We appreciate your patience while this is looked into.

jaredkent
Local Performer

I have run all the troubleshooting of restarting Pandora and my Sonos speakers, making sure Sonos and Pandora app is up to date, they are on the same wifi, and Local Network access is on. That being said, when I try to cast from within the Pandora app it can't find any devices. I can still stream Pandora from the Sonos controller app, but that's not how I prefer to stream. Spotify has no issues finding my Sonos devices for streaming from that app. Seems to be a Pandora issue.

Iphone 14 Pro, iOS 16

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jaredkent I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS 16: Cast doesn’t show Sonos speakers

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

jaredkent
Local Performer
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • Pandora version: 2209.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?: Wi-fi

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @jaredkent. 👋

Thanks for providing that info. I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🎧

racetracker
Local Performer

This issue is happening to my wife and I as well. iOS 16, iPhone 13 pro max, latest version of pandora app. no device found when trying to cast to sonos. Spotify works fine. I updated Sonos as well. 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @racetracker 

Thanks for providing that info. I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🎧

Ce5
Local Performer

Our household too….All updated/restarted. Devices, networks, etc. Will eagerly await a fix!

GeraldPandora

Hi @Ce5 ,

Thanks for reporting this, we have an internal ticket for this specific issue and I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: iOS 16
  • Pandora version: 

Looking forward to passing this information along, thanks for your help with this!

Ce5
Local Performer
iPhone 12 Pro
Verizon
iOS 16.0
Wifi
pandora app 2210.2

Christina
Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Thanks for providing that info @Ce5! I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!