cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 16: Cast doesn’t show Sonos speakers

usahale
Underground

Upgraded to iOS 16 and have lost the ability to cast to Sonos speakers because they don’t show on the Cast pane.

I have rebooted the network, Sonos and the iPhone. No change.

iOS 15 still works so I’m guessing Apple has changed something for Local Networks. 

Labels (3)
29 Replies

cmride
Underground

I have began experiencing the same issue with iOS (16).1.1 on both iPhone and iPad. Is there a solution beyond all prior suggestions which do not resolve the issue that did not exist prior to upgrade. Thanks

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @cmride 

Thanks for reporting this and sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue as well.

However, our engineers are still working on a solution to this issue and any updates will be posted on this thread.

In the meantime, I would like to report this issue to an internal ticket we have open. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone & iPad (generation? i.e iPhone 13)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: iOS 16.1.1
  • Pandora version: 
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

racetracker
Local Performer
iPhone 13 Pro Max.
Pandora version 2210.2
iOS 16.1.1
Wifi connected
Sonos app version 14.18.2 (if that is relevant)

Let me know if you need anything else

Ray
0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Thanks so much, @racetracker! I've added this info to an internal ticket for our engineering team to take a closer look. We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

GeraldPandora

Hi All 👋

We believe this issue has been resolved with the recent release of Pandora App version 2211.1. Please try updating the Pandora app using these steps:

• Open the App Store application.
  • Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  • Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon. *Keep in mind, previous updates are not available for download.

This thread will now be blocked from further replies. If you continue to experience issues, please post a new comment here.

Hope this helps and happy listening! 🎧

usahale
Underground

Thank you! It works!

Listening to StarTalk now on my office S5. 🙂

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome! Glad to hear that the newest update helped, @usahale. Happy listening! 🔊

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

usahale
Underground

I rebooted the phone, turned Local Network off and on. Drag the ‘Devices’ down to refresh and checked in 10 minutes. I think Sonos has to do a MDNS broadcast but within a couple of more minutes I saw all 11 devices. Good Luck. 

0 Kudos

FeffyBorth
Local Performer

For years I would cast my music to my Sonos playbar from the Pandora app (on iOS) with zero problems.

Now for some reason it’s not working at all.  When I click the casting icon in the pandora app it’s saying that there are “no available devices” - and when I click on that it says I need to

“ENABLE CASTING TO MY GOOGLE AND SONOS DEVICES by going into my settings and enabling local network access”

But I already have enabled Local Network access.  

The only recent change I’ve made is buying a new Samsung TV.  My Sonos playbar is connected through an optical cable.  But prior to the Samsung I had a Sony connected the exact same way.

And yes, all devices are connected through the same WiFi network.  A very fast and powerful cable internet network that streams movies and tv constantly.

Pandora still works through the Sonos app.   It just will not cast through the Pandora app.  Very frustrating.

My Pandora app is updated.
My Sonos app/software is updated.
I’m running iOS 16.1.2

And I’m using a high powered ASUS gaming router that is only a few months old.

Someone please help!  So annoyingly frustrating.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@FeffyBorth I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS 16: Cast doesn’t show Sonos speakers

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: Troubleshooting for iOS

If you continue to have issues, I would like to report your experience to our engineering team. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: iOS 16.1.2
  • Pandora version (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Are you able to use AirPlay to connect to your Sonos?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝