cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 16: Collection Missing After Signing Back In

vipra1974
Local Performer

After updating my iPhone to iOS 16 last night, I was signed out of Pandora.  When I logged back in on the iPhone, there is nothing in my collection.  However, if I log in via the computer, my collection is intact.

I first tried restarting the phone, signing out and back in.  Still no collection, even though I confirmed I was signed into the same account as PC.

I then uninstalled the app on the iPhone, and reinstalled.  Still no sign of my collection.  How can I get this back on the iPhone?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Dralph01 👋

Thanks for reaching and sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing.

I see that you already contacted our support team about this issue, please be on the lookout for that email as they will be helping you via email.

Let us know if you're still having issues!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
32 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @vipra1974. 👋

Sorry to hear that this happened.

I'd like to share this with our engineering team. Could you share a screenshot of what you see from your iOS device when attempting to view your collection?

It's also helpful to know:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: iOS 16
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

++

Lastly, please check your private messages as I need to confirm the correct email address you're noticing this issue with. Since we don't post email addresses publicly, I have reached out via private message (via your community account).

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

toddba
Local Performer

Same here.. lost all downloads and stations... This feels like a great opportunity to switch to Spotify!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @toddba. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering a similar issue.

Something to note, your offline collection will be removed (not deleted) if you uninstall or sign out of the Pandora app, or if you are unable to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network within 30 days. That being said, you can re- download content for offline listening. 

I'd like to report this accurately - could you clarify a bit more about what is happening?

1. After updating to iOS 16, were you logged out of your Pandora account?
  2. When signing back into your account, have your downloads disappeared completely? Or, are you able to re-download them?
  3. When you sign back in, is your entire collection missing? (Ex. you're unable to view any of your stations)? 

++

Device Details:

It's helpful to know:

• Carrier:
  • iOS version: iOS 16
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Let me know, and I can report this to our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

MoraJ
Local Performer

I updated my phone and when I signed back into pandora one of my playlists was completely gone. I tried signing out and signing back in and it didn’t bring it back! How can I get this fixed? It was downloaded and everything but now just completely gone! 

and my Pandora app won’t show anything on my CarPlay either. I connect it to CarPlay and no collections, playlists, radios, whatever show now either! It will play if I start it from my phone but it won’t display options on my car dash. Is this a setting? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MoraJ I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS 16: Collection Missing After Signing Back In

It sounds like your original account is registered under a different email address.

I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

toddba
Local Performer
  1. After updating to iOS 16, were you logged out of your Pandora account?  Yes
  2. When signing back into your account, have your downloads disappeared completely? Or, are you able to re-download them?  Gone have to downlaod them again.
  3. When you sign back in, is your entire collection missing? (Ex. you're unable to view any of your stations)?  Stations were also missing.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@toddba Can you please send us additional information on your device as well?

We'll need:

• Carrier:
  • iOS version: iOS 16

Let me know.

0 Kudos

smshantz
Local Performer

Same problem here

Iphone 11, T-Mobile, IOS 16, latest version of pandora, was on t-mobile data when it crashed. 

restarted with welcome screen like I had never been on Pandora. All collection gone. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @smshantz. 👋

Thanks for reporting this issue. It sounds like you're logged into the correct account but your collection is missing.

Have you tried uninstalling / reinstalling the Pandora app on your iPhone as well as rebooting your device? If not, I would recommend running through these steps: iOS Troubleshooting

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Filipino_pons
Local Performer

Lost my playlists and thumbs up songs after upgrading my iPhone to IOS 16. Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Filipino_pons I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS 16: Collection Missing After Signing Back In

It sounds like your original account is registered under a different email address.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

0 Kudos

smshantz
Local Performer

I had rebooted and it did not work. Later on today I tried it and it worked fine. After I installed ios16 Sunday Pandora worked fine. I drove to work Monday it worked fine.

Tuesday it would play but no sound and would not connect via Bluetooth in my Toyota. Never had this problem.

Have had glitches when I shut off Bluetooth where I had to start and stop the car to get Bluetooth to pair if not turned on (on iphone) when I start the car. But always worked after that. Very rare.

I rebooted the phone. Stopped the car and restarted. Repaired the Bluetooth.

Still showed paired, showed playing music, but no sound transferring.

Today, Wednesday it Same as Tuesday but got the login screen. Logged in (which I haven't had to do before after initial login) and got the new user startup screen. I got to work and played with it and eventually my collection came back and it worked fine.

Something is getting messed up with ios 16.

Steve

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing those additional details, @smshantz. I've gone ahead and reported this to our engineering team for you. We appreciate your patience while they look into this. 🎧

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.*
0 Kudos

Suewho57
Local Performer

Same here  Thumbprint shows nothing.. I want my music back

0 Kudos

kkoob
Local Performer

I’m having this issue also. No offline content, no thumbs ups, no stations. I tried signing out and in With no change. This is after ios16 upgrade, but I do t recall if I had tosign back Into pandora after upgraded or not. I’ve been using with Wi-Fi until now since my upgrade and noticed when traveling and without cell service that my offline content was gone. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @kkoob @Suewho57. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. I've gone ahead and created a support ticket with our team for you. Someone will reach out to you via email to offer further assistance with your account and collection.

Please keep an eye out for their email soon. 📬

0 Kudos

Ohrissa
Local Performer

i just opened my Pandora app and it had me sign back in. My playlist “Baby Sleep” is gone entirely and my Thumbs Up playlist is like 200 songs shorter than it was yesterday.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ohrissa It looks like you have multiple accounts created with Pandora - the account with your playlist and thumb ratings is registered under a different email address.

0 Kudos

Suewho57
Local Performer
I got my thumbprint back for 1 day, gone again. So frustrated

Sent from my iPad
0 Kudos