cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 16: Continuous Buffering on 2208.2 and later

MelissaB1026
Underground

4 days now iPhone 13 Pro Max with iOS 16 all my Pandora does if buffer. I listen off the app. I have signed out and restarted my phone and nothing. Any ideas. 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (10/10/22): A new version of the Pandora app was released over the weekend. If you haven't already, please try manually updating to Pandora app version 2209.2.1. This new update should fix the buffering issues.

You can manually update the Pandora app from the App store on your Apple device.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

Thanks for your help with this, and let me know if you continue to have trouble. 🤝

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

88 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MelissaB1026 I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Endless Buffering

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: iOS Troubleshooting

If the issue continues, could you share more details about your device to report to our engineers?
  • Device & Generation: 13 Pro Max
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: iOS 16
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?
  • Do any other error messages pop up?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Julzdawn
Opening Act
I’ve discovered that when endless buffering happens, I can change playlist/station and sometimes the new selection plays. It may be worth a try…
0 Kudos

StuartNc
Underground

Similar issue. Since iOS16. Normally, I launch pandora and music starts playing automatically on my Thumbprint Radio station. Since IOS 16 the behavior is as follows.  I launch Pandora, music doesn’t play. I tap on thumbprint radio. No music just buffering. I try to skip the song but it doesn’t help.  I found if I tap another station, then tap Thumbprint Radio it works instantly. Issue returns the next day when I launch Pandora.   Reinstalling the app doesn’t help.  iOS 16 on iPhone XS Max. 

eitelmotorsport
Local Performer

Any fix for this yet?  With the latest update I have deleted and reinstalled the app, it works until I close the app and when I try it again it just goes to buffering again.

Mills1972
Local Performer

Having the exact same issue since going to iOS 16.  And it’s only happening with my thumbprint station. Choose another station, let music start and then go back to thumbprint and it magically works.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Mills1972 @eitelmotorsport @StuartNc. 👋

To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS 16: Continuous Buffering

Based on your messages, it sounds like you've already tried running through the steps here:  iOS Troubleshooting

We recently opened an internal ticket with our engineering team as we're seeing this issue occur with iOS 16. I'd like to pass along your feedback and device information. It's helpful to know:

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: iOS 16
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Do any other error messages pop up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

eitelmotorsport
Local Performer

iPHONE 12

AT&T

IOS 16

VERSION 2209.1

0 Kudos

MelissaB1026
Underground

My Pandora says it’s version 2208.2 I don’t notice any specific time or reason it does this. It’s so annoying.  I have tried all the troubleshooting you sent. More than once just because. 
thank you. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you both for providing those details, @eitelmotorsport @MelissaB1026. I've added this information to the ticket with our engineers. They are aware of this issue and currently investigating. 

++

@MelissaB1026 You can manually update the Pandora app from the App store on your Apple device.

The newest Pandora app release is 2209.1. However, I believe this issue is directly related to iOS 16. Thanks so much for your patience while we work on this i understand how frustrating this can be. 🎧

0 Kudos

MusicFan7638
Local Performer

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @MusicFan7638. 👋

Looks like your message is blank; with only "............" as your comment. Feel free to edit your post so that we can gather helpful details about your experience to report. 🎧

0 Kudos

cheepyface
Underground

same. only thing that works is uninstalling the app and then I can use it IF I don’t close the app. if I do, it’s the same thing. 

0 Kudos

StuartNc
Underground

Did you try choosing a different station? Works every time for me. Choose another station, music plays, go back to station I wanted. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @StuartNc. 👋

Thank you for sharing that helpful tip. 👍

++

Hi, @cheepyface. 👋

Could you provide the following details? I can add your experience to the ticket.

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: iOS 16
  • Do any other error messages pop up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

StuartNc
Underground

Carrier: spectrum mobile  iOS 16.0.2  iPhone XS Max  pandora 2209.1  No error messages   Pattern is consistent and easily reproducible.  Typically I launch Pandora and listen to thumbprint radio. I rarely deviate from that station. Experience now is I launch pandora , I see the album art, it”looks” like music is playing buy it isn’t. I hit pause/play a couple of times no effect. I minimize the album art and observe “buffering” message on the bottom.   Workaround is go to my collection. Choose another station, it instantly plays music.  I then tap back to thumbprint radio and the app works as expected. I do not have this problem on my iPad mini with iOS 15.7!    

cheepyface
Underground
version 2209.1

this just happens when I open Pandora after having not listened to it for a while. It will say it’s buffering and goes on that way for a while. Sometimes after 10 minutes or more it will start playing. But no other error messages.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @cheepyface.

Additionally, please let us know:

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:

Thanks again! 

0 Kudos

Weezie0813
Local Performer

Having the same issue. Will also recur if I move from 1 bluetooth device to another. Ie speaker to air pods. 

Carrier: Verizon

Iphone: xr

iOS 16

Pandora version 2209.1

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Weezie0813 Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos