cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 16: Continuous Buffering on 2208.2 and later

MelissaB1026
Underground

4 days now iPhone 13 Pro Max with iOS 16 all my Pandora does if buffer. I listen off the app. I have signed out and restarted my phone and nothing. Any ideas. 

Labels (2)
88 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Dpokorny38. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering the buffering issue.

Would you mind providing the following details? It's helpful to know:

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: 
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?
  • Do any other error messages pop up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

jwagar
Local Performer

I am having the same problem since the latest ios update.  Incredibly frustrating!  I'm thinking of switching to a different app.

0 Kudos

Dpokorny38
Local Performer
Same here!!
0 Kudos

Bragmatic
Local Performer
My problem was resolved after the update to Pandora. --
*digital media & design production*

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @jwagar @Dpokorny38. 👋

Could you confirm which app version you're using? 

If you haven't already, please try manually updating to Pandora app version 2209.2.1. This new update should fix the buffering issues.

You can manually update the Pandora app from the App store on your Apple device.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

++

If the issue persists, please let me know as I'll need to report this to our engineering team. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

danger
Local Performer

I pay for pandora plus. I am suddenly getting constant buffering all the time. I have a solid internet connection, I have cellular data on. and have the most recent version of pandora. I am running IOS 16.2 can someone help please

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@danger I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Endless Buffering

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: iOS Troubleshooting

If the issue continues, could you share more details about your device to report to our engineers?
  • Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: iOS 16.2
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Do any other error messages pop up?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

danger
Local Performer
  • Device & Generation: Iphone X
  • Carrier: T-Mobile
  • Pandora version: 2212.1
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? - my internet connection on my phone shows full signal and cellular service shows full bars
  • Do any other error messages pop up?-yes I get a message that someone else listening, although no one else is using my paid account.

I deleted the app and reloaded and it seemed to help, but i am still getting the occasional message that someone else is listening.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@danger I'm having a little trouble understanding what is happening - when you initially posted on this thread, you mentioned the error you were seeing was a buffering message.

However, it sounds like you are actually having issues with the Someone else is listening message appearing.

If the Someone else is listening message appears for you, check out this thread for instructions on how to resolve that: "Someone else is listening" Message

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

danger
Local Performer
I am having both issues. Buffering and I also get a message that someone else is listening. There is no one else listening that I am aware of.

Rob Maez
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying, @danger.

Someone else is listening message:

If the Someone else is listening message appears for you, check out this thread for instructions on how to resolve that: "Someone else is listening" Message

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Buffering:

I've added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Allusive
Local Performer

I’m using IPhone 13 pro and experiencing endless buffering today, first time ever. Reinstall the app and restart the phone do not help at all. I turned off wifi and use my phone data only and it stops buffering. As soon as I turn the wifi back, it’s buffering. This is annoying.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Allusive 

Thanks for trying out our iOS Troubleshooting Steps. Since the buffering is happening on wifi, this issue may be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora.

Let's
try rebooting your Wifi connection to see if this helps: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora is still buffering on your iPhone, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Let me know how it goes! 

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

gspiteri
Local Performer
  • Device & Generation: iphone 11
  • Carrier: at&t
  • Pandora version: 2212.1
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?no
  • Do any other error messages pop up?no

”buffering your music will be back shortly”

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gspiteri I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening.

For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: iOS Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Dk-9
Local Performer

iphone 12 pro max: all songs buffer for a long time then play for maybe 1 second then skips. I’ve deleted the app and data then redownloaded it several times, my IOS system is completely up to date as well as the app its self. This is very frustrating paying for a service that you cant use.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dk-9 I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Endless Buffering

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: iOS Troubleshooting

If the issue continues, could you share more details about your device to report to our engineers?
  • Device & Generation: iphone 12 pro max
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: iOS 16
  • Do any other error messages pop up?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Dk-9
Local Performer

Carrier: Verizon 
iOS version: 16.3
Pandora version: 2301.1

I open the app and it instantly goes into buffering, then it’ll play the song for maybe 1 second then buffers and plays for 1 second again before skipping to the next song and this just repeats. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dk-9 Thanks for providing that info.

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Huberis12
Local Performer

Buffering on iPhone 14 pro max

Only this new phone is having a non stop buffering issue.It’s 5g and I have the current Pandora version.

What is the fix?

0 Kudos