cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: AirPlay Connects but Song Doesn't Play

wdgraham
Local Performer

I'm AirPlaying through a Roku Express. When I have a song displayed on my iPhone it shows access to AirPlay when I take the access ikon I get a dialog box the gives me the choice to us Roku Express. I tap that but get no audio even though my phone shows that the song is playing.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
22 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @wdgraham. 👋

Sorry to hear you're having trouble streaming Pandora to another device via AirPlay.

Could you try toggling your WiFi for about 10 seconds?

The easiest way to do this is by toggling  Airplane Mode off and then back on. 

• Go to Settings > Toggle Airplane Mode 

If you still notice this issue please try restarting your iOS device by shutting it down and then turning it back on.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

wdgraham
Local Performer

I've had no hardware issues in that all my apps playable through AirPlay work fine except Pandora. That is up to last night. This morning I sat down to morning coffee and tried playing Pandora through AirPlay on my iPad and it played just fine. Same with my iPhone. It magic :).

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wdgraham Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

OaktownDave
Local Performer

For years I’ve run Pandora on my iPad and streamed via AirPlay to my Apple TV, which is connected to my stereo/speakers. That stopped working a few weeks ago. I can stream from the iOS Music app but not Pandora. The iPad says it’s connected and Pandora plays, but no sound unless/until I disconnect from Airplay — then I get sound locally on the iPad. I can connect if I use Screen Mirroring instead of just Airplay but that cuts out more often (i.e. if my iPad and I are in another room from the Apple TV). The Apple TV is running tvOS 15.3. The iPad is running iOS 15.1 and Pandora 2110.1.1.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @OaktownDave. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble streaming Pandora using AirPlay. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep things tidy: iOS: AirPlay Connects but Song Doesn't Play 

I would recommend trying out these steps first while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

rtamale
Local Performer

I always can no longer Airplay Pandora to my AppleTVs or other devices.  It shows that it is playing through Airplay but no sound.  Issue started a few weeks ago

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @rtamale. 👋

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Could you share a bit more about the iOS device you're using to connect to AirPlay?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

++

Also, have you tried running through the troubleshooting steps? If not, you can find those here: iOS Troubleshooting

Let me know and I can follow up with you. 🎧

0 Kudos

rtamale
Local Performer
I am using my iPad Air (4th generation) and trying to Airplay to my various AppleTv 4s (we have 3 in the house). I have also tried from my iPhone 12 Pro. Both show that song is playing but there is no sound. This issue only started a few weeks ago. Prior to that I had no problems. I have no problem when my phone is using Bluetooth to play in my car. I have tried all troubleshooting mechanisms.

By the way, no other app has this issue. I can Airpay live ESPN shows from my iPad to my AppleTV.

Best regards,
Ron

Sent from my iPad
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me with those details, @rtamale.

I've gone ahead and shared this with our engineering team on your behalf. If you notice anything else, please let me know and I can update the internal ticket. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

denisgoodwin
Local Performer

I pick an airplay speaker, looks like it connects, but continues playing from iPhone.  if I switch to Apple Music, it plays via airplay.  if I then switch back to pandora it sometimes streams to airplay speaker.

this just started in last week or so.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @denisgoodwin! 👋

Thanks for posting and to keep things organized I moved your original post to an existing thread under iOS: AirPlay Connects but Song Doesn't Play.

I've enabled a trace on your account and for this trace to be helpful please run through our iOS Troubleshooting Steps.

Once those steps have been completed, would you mind trying again?

However, if you continue to experience issues when playing songs via AirPlay, could you share a bit more about the iOS device you're using to connect to AirPlay?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Hope this helps and let us know!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

crazedfox1313
Underground

Pandora is failing to airplay or mirror from my

iPhone 12 Pro Max ( iOS 16.3.1) or even my iPad Mini 5’th gen ( iPadOS 16.3.1). It even refuses to even play straight from my HomePod 1’st gen or HomePod mini. (Ask Siri to play something & I get “add pandora to my home.” But, I’ve already have!) I done all the reset methods, even deleted the app from both my phone & tablet restarted them & then reinstalled the app. All no avail. Just what the hay is going on!!!!!

{Since I can’t edit my post.}

Addendum, Pandora will play just fine over Bluetooth & straight out on tablet or phone. But of course airplay & mirror work just fine for everything else,  just not Pandora… Looks as the app version on my device is 2303.1. if this helps any…

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

crazedfox1313
Underground

Why is this issue not being resolved ?

I really want to use my HomePods for my Pandora enjoyment again.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @crazedfox1313. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with this issue. It sounds like you've run through both sets of troubleshooting here:

I would also recommend checking to see if there are any updates available for your HomePod.

++

Based on your message, this issue only occurs when you attempt to play Pandora using Siri voice commands or AirPlay. 

• Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know. In the meantime, I have reported this on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos

crazedfox1313
Underground

Everything has latest update, has been reset, is all on same WiFi network & even my home app has been reset as well. 

For my HomePod 1’st gen  & HomePod mini it absolutely will not play. Even set main music player to Pandora. 

For my iPhone & iPad, airplay on the HomePods has no sound, but will show the track progressing as if it is.

As stated before, all other apps/devices will function as intended.

It’s just Pandora with this issues.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me with that information, @crazedfox1313.

I have reported this over to our engineering team so they investigate further. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

crazedfox1313
Underground

That is appreciated, thank you.

Hopefully this bug in the system can be located & resolved. 

crazedfox1313
Underground

Even with the latest update I’m still having the issue with my iPhone & iPad, where airplay-ing on the HomePods is normal for about a few songs, then go back to no sound while showing the track progressing as if it is.

It appears to be doing this no sound thing after playing advertisements,

strange…

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @crazedfox1313. 👋

We're aware of this issue and we're working on it. In the meantime, the existing thread for the issue you're noticing now can be found here: iOS: HomePod Stops Playing Music After Ads

I can confirm that it's actively being worked on. Thanks for your patience. 🎧

0 Kudos