cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: App Doesn't Open / Load

dtrebor87
Underground

For some reason my pandora apps will not open up on Iphone 12. I have check for software updates and still nothing. Why am I paying for service to listen to music from iphone 12 and bluetooth to my vehicle. Can someone tell me what to do? I have rebooted the iphone and still nothing.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @huettel. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Pandora app loading on your iPhone. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue.

First, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

++

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @dtrebor87. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble opening the Pandora app. Thanks for reporting your experience.

Could you share more about what you've noticed?

• When you attempt to launch the Pandora app on your iPhone 12, what happens? Is there a blank screen?
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • Have you noticed any "Buffering..." messages?

++

In the meantime, I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: iOS Troubleshooting

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

doblack
Local Performer

Pandora not working on iPhone for weeks....never a problem for years until now!??!!??

That's it!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @doblack. 👋

Could you share a bit more about your experience?

• What happens when the app doesn't work? Do you have trouble with signing in? 
  • Does the app crash during your listening sessions? 
  • Are you receiving any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

For standard troubleshooting, I would recommend checking out these steps to see if it helps resolve the issue you're experiencing: iOS Troubleshooting

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

doblack
Local Performer
Cannot log in or use Pandora on iPhone...have used it for years!  I've tried everything.  Anyone else??  I checked my settings.  Should be no reason...this happened a few weeks ago...use TV mostly for it, but have never had problem before, never changed anything.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @doblack. Since you're having trouble with logging in, I've escalated your issue to our User Support team. Someone will follow up with you via email shortly regarding your account. Please keep an eye out for their message - if you don't see it soon, check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. 📬

0 Kudos

huettel
Local Performer

purchased new Iphone but Pandora keeps flashing and does not play 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @huettel. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Pandora app loading on your iPhone. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue.

First, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

++

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

BettyBooperLou
Local Performer

I can’t open it on my iOS iPhone. I click the button and it just blinks on the screen and nothing opens 

I have deleted and redownloaded the app several times no change 

I want pandora. This bums me out

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BettyBooperLou I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

++

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

dtrebor87
Underground
You will need to deleted the apps and reinstall. It work for me.

Sent from my iPhone

JrMupNorth
Local Performer

I am having the same issue.  I try to open Pandora app and the screen comes up for a second, blank, then gos away.  I have turned my iPhone 12 off an on multiple time and the app does not give me a delete option even from the App Library page.  This has gone on for well over a month now, I just haven’t had time to deal with it until now. 😡

0 Kudos

dtrebor87
Underground
Just delete apps and re installed. That should help..

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @JrMupNorth. 👋

Sorry for any trouble you've encountered. Could you try uninstalling / reinstalling the Pandora app?

You can use these steps: iOS Troubleshooting

Or, you can use these steps from Apple: Remove Apps from iPhone

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos