cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: App Stops / Closes When Opening Facebook

Pandira1219
Local Performer

Listening to Pandora. Open Facebook. Pandora closed. Any help?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
8 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Pandira1219. 👋

Thanks for posting about this.

Please keep in mind, the sound settings of each app are set by the needs of the app and cannot be altered. So, if you are playing a game or using an app that requires sound, the audio from Pandora may pause. It's not possible for us to override the sound settings, or any other functions of another app.

If this is a new issue, let's try running through these steps while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account: iOS Troubleshooting

Let me know how the troubleshooting steps work for you. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Kgc94044
Local Performer

Have the same issue in a car with bluetooth (not air play or car play) super annoying on a long road strip when I’m a passenger. Any clue as to how to stop this glitch?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Kgc94044. 👋

Have you tried running through the standard troubleshooting steps for your iOS device?

If not, I would recommend running through these first: iOS Troubleshooting

Let me know how those steps work out for you. 🎧

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Kgc94044
Local Performer
I did figure out that when I open Facebook it pauses the music so I just have to hit play on the actual console. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all, @Kgc94044. Thanks for the update!

Sounds like you're back to listening and using FB with no issues. Feel free to let us know if anything else pops up. Happy listening! 🎧

Stephoniesmit
Local Performer

used to be able to listen to Pandora and then surf social media! Now if I have pandora playing on my phone and try to look at Facebook it stops playing?! What happened 

Moderator Edit: Format

@Stephoniesmit try closing everything out. power your phone off, then do a complete restart. I wish you the best. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Stephoniesmit I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: App Stops / Closes When Opening Facebook

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through the following troubleshooting steps: iOS Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes.