cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Can't play songs from Thumbs Up list in profile

Ryanflanders
Underground

For years I have been able to play “thumbed up” songs from my profile after listening to a 15 second ad. This is no longer working. Did something change after an update and this feature is not available for Pandora Plus?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
14 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ryanflanders Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Ryanflanders
Underground

It’s broke once again.

I’m using my iPhone 11 on Tmoble.

There isn’t an error message. I can feel the phone select but then it doesn’t go to the screen that would ask “play song now”. It does nothing. It worked this morning after I read the response. Then it failed at the gym and continues not to work now. 

It works on my laptop. Just not my phone.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @Ryanflanders.

I moved your post over to the iOS space since this issue sounds specific to your phone.

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Ryanflanders
Underground

Hi Adam. Deleting and downloading has solved the issue. Thank you

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds like you're all set now, @Ryanflanders. Let us know if anything else pops up. 

Enjoy the tunes! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!
0 Kudos

Ryanflanders
Underground

Hi Alyssa. It’s doing it again!!! What am I doing wrong? I deleted and reinstalled again but it’s not working. Is there a limit I’m hitting? I think I used the feature 6 to 7 times yesterday.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know, @Ryanflanders. Sorry to hear that.

Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 11
  • Carrier: T-Mobile
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know and I can report this to our engineers. I appreciate your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Ryanflanders
Underground

Still having the same issue. I updated my phone to iOS 15.3.1. Pandora 2201.1

It worked once right after the update. Am I being limited?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ryanflanders  If you were at your limit of Premium Access, you would receive a message letting you know. I don't think you're hitting a limit. 

Could you confirm whether the tracks are marked as "Unavailable" or "Radio Only"?

Feel free to share a screenshot of an example song that you're having trouble with.

In the meantime, I've reported this over to our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos

LS_
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. I have had Pandora Plus for years.  I have the iphone 13 pro. The software is up to date: IOS 15.3.1.T-mobile is the carrier. Pandora version 2201.1. The option to play “thumbs-up” music works intermittently. Pandora uses cellular data (always has on my phone)

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LS_ I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

LS_
Local Performer

I followed the troubleshooting instructions and it still does not work for me. It worked for a while and today I received the following message:

B8B16308-72E0-4017-BBF2-46BAED60E9AE.png

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for letting me know, @LS_.

I will share this with our engineering team on an internal ticket.

Thanks again for letting us know about this. 🎧

0 Kudos

LS_
Local Performer

What is the status of this ticket? I still cannot play “thumb-up” music. Thank you

0 Kudos