cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Music Stops Playing Without Error Messages

LVCounselor
Underground

Hello! I am a Premium subscriber.  I've noticed over the last few months that Pandora's music stops "playing" after a while.  Meaning, the App shows that music is playing (Pause button is shown), but no sound is heard and none of the buttons/menu options are selectable.  I followed the troubleshooting steps I saw in the "8-10 songs" posts and it worked for a day or two.  But in the end, the music stops and the App appears frozen.  I have to close the App and reopen in order for the music to be heard again and the buttons/menu to work.  This is VERY annoying.  I have music playing while I work.  It's really messing up my concentration and positive flow to my work day.  This is happening on multiple IOS devices, so it's not device related.  Please help.  I'm paying for continuous music and that's what I want...all day AND all night.  Thank you!

Very Disappointed Subscriber

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
19 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @LVCounselor. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble. I completely understand your frustration.

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

LVCounselor
Underground

The website will not accept my reply.  Please check the email.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LVCounselor Are you replying directly to the email notification you received regarding my first response? Or, are you on the Community attempting to post your reply?

If you're able to, can you respond to this post by using this link? From here, you can click on the blue "Reply" button and post your response.

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

LVCounselor
Underground
  1. iPhone 11 - IOS version 14.6 and iPad 6th Generation - IOS version 14.6
  2. My Carrier is AT&T
  3. Pandora version 2105.1
  4. Both devices have Cellular Plans.  However, WiFi is the default when used at home (95% of the time). The problem occurs while connected to WiFi.  Also, I have downloaded stations and music. Pandora normally switches to Offline mode if WiFi or Cellular Data fails.  The problem is NOT associated with loss of Internet.
  5. The only other issue I've noticed while traveling outside of the U.S. is Offline mode does not work.  I receive a no Internet connection available error message on the iPad.  Offline mode will only engage if the Online mode was in operation originally.  Meaning, Online must be running and I manually switch to Offline mode.  If I start Pandora when not connected to a US VPN, Pandora does not fully load.  This particular problem have existed for at least two years.  I've submitted a support request, but it was never resolved.  This is the only other problem I've ever experienced with Pandora since becoming a Premium Subscriber.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, @LVCounselor. I did receive your last reply with the requested information.

Traveling Outside of the United States: 

We can only legally offer Pandora services to listeners located in the United States at this time. This applies equally to free and paid accounts, as well as Pandora on all computers and supported devices, including offline.

• That said, if you are a Pandora Plus or Premium subscriber, you will be able to play your downloaded music while traveling outside of the country temporarily.
  • Please note you will need to download your offline content prior to leaving our service area. 
  • Also, your offline collection will be removed if you uninstall or sign out of the Pandora app, or if you are unable to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network within 30 days.
  • Keep in mind Premium subscribers can download Stations, Playlists, albums and songs for offline listening and Plus subscribers will be limited to only four stations.

In the meantime, I appreciate you taking the time to provide those details. I'm sharing this with our engineering team. Thanks for your patience while they look into this. 🎧

Martnot
Local Performer

Having the same issue. Music will play for a few moments then just stop abruptly. I have to go into the app to push play and turn the music back on, only for it to stop again a few moments later. Will not resume play from AirPods shortcut or from Home Screen. No issues until latest May/ June iOS update. 

*iPhone 8 Plus, iOS Version 14.6, Pandora version 2105.1, Cellular data

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Martnot. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're experiencing this as well.

If you haven't already, I would recommend running through these steps to see if it helps: iOS Troubleshooting

In the meantime, we have created an internal ticket with our engineering team. I've shared your device info and feedback about your experience with them.

Thanks for reporting, and for your patience during this process. 🎧

Jbellfhs
Underground

I have an iPhone 2020 SE, and I am subscribed to Pandora Plus. My phone is updated, and the app is updated. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It is still only playing one song at a time. Please help! 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jbellfhs I moved your post over to the iOS space.

To clarify, do any error messages appear when the music stops? (Ex: buffering)

If so, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing when the music stops?

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through the following troubleshooting steps once more: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Lilliesartisans
Local Performer

Pandora shuts itself off after I each song. I am using my iPad. Very irritating since I am playing it in my store. Can anyone help

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

Jbellfhs
Underground

No there is no error message. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Jbellfhs @Lilliesartisans. 👋

If you haven't already, I would recommend running through the standard troubleshooting steps here while a trace has been enabled on your Pandora accounts. This will help us better understand what is happening. You can find those steps here: iOS Troubleshooting

If the issue persists, would you mind sharing more information about your device? We'd like to report this over to our engineering team on your behalf.

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Jbellfhs
Underground
  • Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.) iPhone 2020 SE
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version) 14.6
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen) 2106.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? WiFi and cellular 
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? It is happening with my stations that I’ve created. 

I did all of the troubleshooting, but it did not change anything. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jbellfhs Thanks for following up.

I've added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix. 🛠

vannort
Local Performer

For the past three weeks or so the Pandora ios app stops playing after one song. The "now playing" graph at the bottom right of the "My Collections" screen will continue to show playing activity, but there is no sound and it remains stuck on the one song it just played after opening. It won't begin a new song and won't allow me to manually move on to a new song by tapping the "next" arrow.

There is no error code or any message whatsoever. Pandora is never playing on another device when this happens.

This happens whether I'm using it in my car over bluetooth or whether in my home from my phone speaker.

It doesn't happen when I'm listening on PC. It seems to be just on my iphone.

I've updated the latest version of Pandora on my iphone, and I deleted it and reinstalled it on my iphone. The problem still persists.

I've searched the community and found this same question asked by others, but no solution given. I love Pandora but if I can't resolve this issue I'll cancel my subscription and move on to Prime Music. Please help!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @vannort. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this issue. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep everything organized: iOS: Music Stops Playing Without Error Messages

It sounds like you've already tried out the steps in this article:  iOS Troubleshooting

I would like to report this issue to our engineers as we have an internal ticket open to investigate. Could you tell me more about your iOS device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know, and I can report this on your behalf. 🎧

LVCounselor
Underground

Hello!

What is the current status of this problem in regards to Pandora support finding a fix. I have followed the IOS troubleshooting steps multiple times on all of my IOS devices.  The problem still occurs everyday. Either there is a fix or there isn’t. Please confirm. If there is no fix, I will have to find an alternate Internet radio source.  I’m paying for something that dose not work as expected. I truly hope there is a resolution. I’ve been a 100% satisfied paid subscriber for many years. I’d really hate to leave. 

0 Kudos

Elps
Local Performer

iPad 7th gen, no error message ,just a one& done.Then I hit play button and it will play 1 song & stop.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Elps I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Music Stops Playing Without Error Messages

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: iOS Troubleshooting

If the issue persists, would you mind sharing more information about your device? We'd like to report this over to our engineering team on your behalf.

• Device & Generation:iPad 7th gen
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos