cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Constant Buffering While Using WiFi

dvotaw98
Local Performer

Hello. I have an iPhone 12 Pro running the latest version of iOS (just downloaded today 5/10/21) and I have performed all troubleshooting steps suggested by Pandora. However, if I am connected to wifi, Pandora will not load. It just gets stuck buffering. I’ve tried 5 different wifi connections & every other app works. It is SOLELY Pandora that will not work when connected to wifi. I’ve also cleared my cache, totally uninstalled Pandora, shut my device down & restarted, re-added Pandora and still nothing. As soon as I disconnect from wifi, I have no issue. I even got a replacement phone because I was convinced it was defective SIM card. I’ve spent hours with Verizon, Apple & countless forums, but no one can find a resolution. HELP!!! Does anyone know a solution??

I listen to Pandora probably 6-8 hours for work a day & not being able to connect to wifi is a real issue. thanks!

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @dvotaw98. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening. I completely understand how frustrating this could be.

Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 12 Pro
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Let me know as I would like to report this issue to our engineers. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

dvotaw98
Local Performer

Alyssa, I did provide all that information in my original post. All except which version of Pandora, but since my post also said that I deleted the app & re-downloaded it, I assume it is also the most current. Was my entire post not available? Is that why it was missed that I provided everything you’re asking me for now?

Thank you 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me, @dvotaw98

Some folks are in beta versions for newer iOS versions, so just want to make sure we know the exact version you're on so I can report this accurately. 

In the meantime, I've shared your information and experience with our engineering team. We have opened an internal ticket for this issue.

++

Also, are you attempting to listen to a station, album, or playlist when you experience buffering? Or, does this happen as soon as you launch the Pandora app?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

dvotaw98
Local Performer

Happens as soon as I launch the app. 

my apologies for the delay in responding. I wasn’t notified of this response. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries, @dvotaw98. Thanks for getting back to me. I will update the ticket with this info. 👍

Also, Pandora app version 2104.1.1 for iOS is now available to all listeners. If you haven't already, please try updating the app. Feel free to let me know if you notice any changes. 🎧

0 Kudos

Tnjcornwall
Local Performer

I have the same problem on my iPhone 13.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Tnjcornwall 👋

Welcome to the Community & thank you for your first post!

Sorry to hear about the constant buffering issue you're experiencing. I've enabled a trace on your account to get a better understanding of what's going on.

For this trace to be helpful, please complete our iOS Troubleshooting Steps and try again.

++++

If you continue to experience buffering, I would like to report this to an internal ticket we have open with our engineers. However, could you tell me more about your device before I do?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 13
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen) 

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this. 🤝

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Mick1963
Local Performer

It's almost 2024 and I have the exact same problem.  Pandora what are you doing?  It's not the phone.  It's not the network.  Spotify works like a champ.  It's a Pandora problem.  Fix it!!

0 Kudos