cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Crashes / Closes

ChelseaM
Underground

I have tried to delete the app and reinstall, reset my phone, update are all done. Nothing has fixed this issue, been going on for three days now.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Cavilee. 👋

First, I would recommend trying out these steps: iOS Troubleshooting

If the issue continues, I would definitely like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @ChelseaM. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I do see that you've also been in contact with our User Support team via email. I can follow up with you here.

Looks like you've already tried out these steps: iOS Troubleshooting

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

ChelseaM
Underground

IPhone 11 pro

version 14.4.2

I cannot get into the app far enough to see what version my Pandora is, as it crashes immediately.

I am connected to cellular and Wi-Fi, I was using it at the gym the other day and it was working fine, when I left the gym and when to use it on the Bluetooth in my car that is when it started crashing. Thinking it could be the system in my car making it glitch I tried it at home on Wi-Fi and it still kept crashing, so my car system wasn't the issue. I have tried every which way to get the app to just open but it won't. Opens to the blue blank screen and closes.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ChelseaM Thanks for providing those details.

I know that you've tried uninstalling / reinstalling.

Could you clarify whether you also tried turning your phone on / off again? 

Also, do any error messages pop up when it crashes / closes or just the blank blue screen?

In the meantime, I will share this with our engineering team on an internal ticket. 🎧

0 Kudos

ChelseaM
Underground

I have tried a few times, and yes just a blank blue screen for maybe 2 seconds then it closes 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ChelseaM Thanks so much for your help with that info. I've definitely passed this along to our engineering team for further review.

Appreciate your patience while they look into this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I’m just curious if anybody’s had problems using Pandora on iOS? Pandora definitely answers all the questions as far as the functionality and how to install it however I was curious if anybody has experience crashes with the app?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

I am using Pandora on my iPhone 11, with no problems. Make sure the app is updated, than uninstall and  reinstall the app to see if that helps. Good luck

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 I moved your post over to the iOS space.

I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

In the meantime, it may also help to run through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

Cavilee
Local Performer

I am having a similar issue on my iPhone 12. I start the app then halfway through the first song it force quits. Once I restart it stays on like normal. Happens every time! Please help

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Cavilee. 👋

First, I would recommend trying out these steps: iOS Troubleshooting

If the issue continues, I would definitely like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Carrier:
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Kntry777
Local Performer

I have had the same issue with my Iphone 12 since I got it and the Iphone 7 before that.  I have just dealt with it since it works fine after I reopen it.  I guess I just thought Apple or Pandora would release an update to fix it and here I am years later and still reopening the app after it crashes 30 seconds into the first song.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Kntry777! Welcome to community, thanks for posting your experience. Sorry to hear this is happening.

Can you tell me a little more about your experience? Are you connected to any other devices when Pandora crashes, such a bluetooth speaker or in-home device?

In the meantime, I'm happy to pass this along for further review and investigation. Can you let me know your iOS version and Pandora version?

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos