cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Downloaded Stations buffer in Offline Mode

krucci87
Underground

Pandora has downloaded several of my stations for me, but only some of them actually work when I'm in offline mode. Some of them just sit there and buffer continuously and never actually play. This has happened on several occasions with several phone restarts. How can this be fixed? 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @krucci87.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If the app continues to buffer in Offline Mode, can you please send us a screenshot of the buffering message you see?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

View solution in original post

5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @krucci87. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

You mentioned restarting your phone several times. Just something to note, your offline collection will be removed if you uninstall or sign out of the Pandora app, or if you are unable to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network within 30 days. This means if you're in offline mode for over 30 days, your offline collection will be removed.

++

Which stations do you notice the buffering? 

Have any other error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Also, are you switching to Offline Mode manually when this happens?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

krucci87
Underground

I am usually in regular mode when using Pandora, so it's not that I've been in offline mode for 30 days. It's just rare occasions when I'm traveling or in an area with bad cell service. Some of my stations will play in offline mode and others will sit and buffer continuously, so I give up and try one of the couple stations that actually work. I don't get any other type of error. Usually I switch to offline mode manually but sometimes it does it for me. Either way I get the same result, relative to the buffering of stations.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @krucci87.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If the app continues to buffer in Offline Mode, can you please send us a screenshot of the buffering message you see?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

krucci87
Underground

Looks like deleting and reinstalling the app worked. For reference, the buffering message showed up at the bottom of the screen. It's normally where you see the progress bar for how long into the song you are.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for the follow up, @krucci87. Glad to hear everything is back to normal. If you run into any additional issues, please let us know. In the meantime, happy listening! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024