cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Error When Using Shuffle Feature

nawtiehope
Local Performer
  1. The shuffle is not working.  
  2. I had tested all the stations. They were all working. it gave me the error message. 
  3. I removed all the stations and reloaded them, but it still giving me the same error message.
  4. "This station is not currently available.  Please choose another station instead."

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @nawtiehope. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your shuffle.

Could you try uninstalling / reinstalling the Pandora app on your device? You can use these steps: iOS Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

nawtiehope
Local Performer

Did that

Hope Sanderson

mod edit: removed personal information

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me with that information and for trying out those steps, @nawtiehope

Are you still having trouble with this error message?

If so, could you tell me more about your device and experience?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for your help. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Power36113
Local Performer

Alyssa,

I don’t know if nawtiehope’s issue was ever fixed but I’m having the same issue. I’m on iOS 16 and ever since I updated, my Shuffle stations isn’t working. I’ve tried signing out, deleting and reinstalling the app, and it worked - one time. I don’t want to have to delete and reinstall every time I want to listen to music. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Power36113. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running into this issue. I can share this with our engineering team on your behalf. 

• Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Are you clicking on Shuffle All stations or creating a custom shuffle with a few stations?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

TyW
Local Performer

I have been able to use Shuffle feature for years where I can search for Radio Stations and Shuffle between them. This is a terrific feature! I love being able to play holiday music mixed with other genres so there isn't holiday music fatigue for employees. Now I am unable to get this feature to work on my iPhone (iOS 16), iPad at work (not sure OS ver), and on my Mac at home.  The Radio Stations will play individually but when selecting Shuffle it either plays only one station or the Shuffle will not work altogether.  Pictures below show error messages.  

On Web (Chrome)

TyW_1-1670430041815.png

On iOS

TyW_2-1670430083068.jpeg

Please help!  Thanks!

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @TyW 👋

Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear about the shuffling issues.

I moved your post to an existing thread under iOS: Error When Using Shuffle Feature 

On your iOS mobile devices (iPhone & iPad), would you mind trying to uninstall/reinstall the app? You can follow a more detailed explanation of how to do this at: iOS Troubleshooting Steps.

Next, let's try to get the shuffle feature working on your Mac by performing our Chrome Troubleshooting steps.

+++

However, if you're still having issues after performing these troubleshooting steps, I would like to report this to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Carrier:

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes! 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos