cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: More Sound Control Options

Mine1
Local Performer

I was wondering if anybody has heard of Pandora setting up some type of sound control for their app or if there is one I can download onto my Apple phone to have some sound control/equalization/treble/bass/possible fader options. Hoping for at least something like this because lossless is probably not in there wheelhouse

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Mine1. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

We don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases, unlike terrestrial radio, which compresses the entire broadcast. As a result, some songs sound louder than others. However, we do use the Replay Gain technique that encodes a fixed volume adjustment into the mp3/mp4 header so that the actual player (web browser, phone or device) can adjust volume just as the track begins playing. If there are vast differences, it could also be due to different instrumentation or arrangements causing different apparent levels of volume where the actual decibel levels are the same.

++

At this time, I haven't heard of any sound control options for app that work with Pandora. However, we do have some existing feature requests that you may be interested in upvoting:

For more information about how feature requests work on the Pandora Community, feel free to check out this helpful infographic: "How do requests become features?" 

Hope to see you around the community more often! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos