cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Only One Song Plays in Offline Mode

polikat88
Local Performer

Hi - I'm experiencing the same issue - only one song will play when I'm in Offline mode. I pay for the service. How do I get this to actually work as expected? I have an iPhone SE.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
54 Replies

BishopC
Local Performer

I am experiencing the same problem since yesterday morning I woke up and my downloads only had one song on each downloaded stations.  I have tried everything from restarting my phone to canceling my account to restarting my account to getting rid of my downloads re-downloading my downloads and I’ve tried this multiple times with no success. 

Gerridawn
Local Performer

About a week ago my offline music stopped working. If I’m connected to Wi-Fi I can still listen. If I don’t have Wi-Fi I can hear one song over and over. That song changes each time I close the app and open again. I have deleted the app and re-downloaded Pandora several times. Nothing seems to reset the app. 

Mikhancho99
Underground

I am also having the same issue

iphone xs

uscellular

ios 15.4

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BishopC Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mikhancho99 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

Jeepalive
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue. I had pandora plus when it started so I figured something was up with the plus so I just upgraded to premium and still have same issue. Have restarted my phone, deleted the app, reinstalled app, have deleted downloaded stations and redownloaded and every time it’s only one song. Doesn’t matter how how long I leave it to download. I left my phone on and pandora up for an hour not doing anything else on my phone but leaving pandora on the screen and it didn’t help anything.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

AT&T

48.22 GB free on a 128GB

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jeepalive Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Retrodeeva1
Underground

I’m in the same boat—plus subscriber for a few years, offline mode plays one song from one station. When I turn off wifi and cellular, Pandora won’t work at all—it’ll say I need to connect to wifi. Sooooo, my offline listening is kaput. I’m not sure if this is a subtle push to get me to go to premium, but I officially can’t listen to anything offline from my iPhone or my Mazda5. I’ve reset everything and uninstalled and re-installed. It’s not my Mazda, it’s Pandora. I have plenty of storage. You’re not alone with this one.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Retrodeeva1 The Pandora account connected to your Community profile doesn't appear to be upgraded.

I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

ThePartyCar
Local Performer

I’m also having this issue. only two stations downloaded, one song each.
Pandora Plus Subscription 

iPhone 11 Pro Max

AT&T

5GB free of 64GB

(Edited for subscription info)

Retrodeeva1
Underground

Hi, I have two accounts, a free one (my yahoo address) and a Plus (my Gmail address). I’m not sure if this is part of the problem.

I have pandora plus with my gmail account that I use on my mobile devices (for about 3 years). I also have a free account I made in 2008 which I use oat work (I’m an OG with this platform).

I have done everything you’ve advised to the others, and I’ve made sure my device is logged into my gmail pandora account. I’ve deleted and re-started/reloaded everything and followed your instructions. I’m getting the same results—one station is downloading, and only one song plays and it repeats. Please add this to your opened ticket. My paid Plus expires in 6 days; I’m legit considering stepping away as a paid user if I can’t use offline listening.

Specs:

iPhone8

Credo mobile

Pandora Plus 2203.1

178.23g available.

mod edit: merged comments

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (05/23/22):

Hi, everyone! 👋

Our engineering team is aware of the issue where only one track repeats when streaming stations in Offline Mode.

Please keep an eye on this thread as we will provide an update when the fix is released.

Retrodeeva1
Underground

Thank you!

lorenhonaas
Local Performer

Case #: 04178131

I am having the same issue on two different devices:

-iPhone SE (circa 2020), 30GB+ storage available, iOS 15.5, Pandora v2203.1 - routine use of offline mode

-Samsung S8 Active (circa 2019), 45GB+ storage, Andriod 9, Pandora v2204.1 - only used in my home while connected to WiFi (but offline mode has the same issue when I checked today)

On the iPhone I've tired every combination of signing in, signing out, reset, resintall, power cycle, offline mode toggle, chicken sacrifice, low data mode toggle (WiFi and Cellular), station dowload toggle, & update I can think of. Offline mode was working flawlessly with Pandora One, after the upgrade to a Premium Family plan (and a concurrent cancellation of Amazon Music, which in retropspect was perhaps hasty) offline mode plays only one song. I've been a Pandora listener for 15 years, and a subscriber for 7 years - please fix this. I use offline mode daily, for hours each day.

The issue occurs on multiple devices with different OS - it is therefore unlikely that this is a device-specific issue.  

Jakecyoung23
Local Performer

What is going on with offline listening? Only One song for each station. We need an update and a refund. Paying customers are waiting!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (05/24/2022): Hey everyone 👋

Thanks for reporting this issue and for your patience during this process. 

After checking in with our engineering team, we now believe this issue has been fixed. If you're still having trouble, you may need to sign out and sign back in to notice the changes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

mmcdade88
Underground

I did sign in again (and reloaded the app and re-downloaded offline songs and tried this on two different devices).  Nothing has changed - the same song plays over and over, either at the end of the track or if you press skip.  If you change stations, you get a new song but only one which also plays over and over.

-Mark

0 Kudos

lorenhonaas
Local Performer

Thanks for the update. I have an update for you.

I signed out and back in again on my iPhone SE - no change.

Power cycled my iPhone SE - no change.

Uninstalled the Pandora App on my Samsung S8 that I use as a media player. Signed out of my account at Pandora.com. On my iPhone SE, signed out of my Pandora account, uninstalled Pandora App, power cycled the device, reinstalled Pandora, signed in - THAT WORKED. Huzzah.

Jeepalive
Local Performer

I deleted my offline station and downloaded again and now it’s working great. Been listen to offline for an hour or so now no issues. 

rjtremble
Underground

Hi I am having the same issue, it's extremely frustrating.  I have more than enough space on my iphone 13 pro max and the most up to date panora there is-i've deleted the app and re-downloaded it 3 times while trying to fix this but NOTHING WORKS.   This is very obviously a Pandora issue, NOT a client issue.  Please fix it and consider refunding people who are paying for a service they are not getting-this has been going on for over a week now 

0 Kudos