cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Pandora App Starts Playing after Being Closed

Unhappyuser9999
Opening Act

I have all auto play options of any kind turned off and it won’t stop opening when I try to kill it. It opens over and over and over I have a fully updated iOS on an iPhone 12 mini. There is no good explanation all of the settings are correct you have a bug that has been plaguing us all for months and you need to do something about it. My settings always have auto play turned off and sometimes it turns itself on endlessly and when you try to kill it it just reopens over and over again. It’s happening right now. I just rebooted the phone and so now I’m gonna have to reboot it again but you guys have a bug. Your settings are not working.

Labels (1)
6 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Unhappyuser9999. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. I moved your post over to a separate thread as it sounds like the Pandora app plays music after you've already exited / closed the app. 

Have you tried uninstalling / reinstalling the app on your iPhone 12 mini? If you haven't yet, I would recommend running through these steps: iOS Troubleshooting

++

Device Details:

I'd like to share your experience with our engineering team. 

Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 12 Mini
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Do you have any Bluetooth accessories like speakers, smartwatches, or a car connected to your phone?
  • Do you use Siri to open Pandora / play music?

Let me know and I can share this on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Unhappyuser9999
Opening Act
My personal usability testing seems to indicate that it mainly happens when it’s plugged into CarPlay. Though not necessarily all the time. I was able to resolve it by unplugging it killing the app and then plugging back into CarPlay. It does not happen to any of my other apps so it has something to do with Pandora.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me with that information, @Unhappyuser9999. I've gone ahead and shared this on an internal ticket with our engineering team. They will investigate further. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Jjohnston
Local Performer

I am having the same issue where after I have killed the app, it continues to play in the background (no sound) and drains my battery. I have tried restarting my phone and uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jjohnston I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If you continue to experience trouble, I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Unhappyuser9999
Opening Act

I've already done this five or six times but I'll do it again: 

Carrier: AT&T (irrelevant)

iOS version: irrelevant because it has been happening for over a year thru numerous updates but currently 16.2

Pandora version: 2212.1 (but again it's been happening for over a year so I'm sure this is not the original version it was happening on. In fact I just deleted it and reinstalled it the other day so it better be the most up-to-date version because that's what came off of the App Store) 

As stated in numerous other posts this happens when I am driving in my car using CarPlay. It is connected with a cable NOT BLUETOOTH because CarPlay in this car does not work with Bluetooth, only with a cable. It disrupts the GPS and everything else while driving, even when not being played, so that it can easily cause an accident and various other difficulties. It is the *only app anyone knows about* that is doing this. Obviously when I'm in my car I'm on cell data not Wi-Fi.

This has nothing to do with Siri. I even kill the app and logged out of it and it still keeps opening up when I'm driving down the road trying to look at my GPS or whatever else is going on. It is totally the app and not anything else. I am so upset about this because I've been with you people for more than a decade as far as I know and I do not want to start all over again with another provider but you are forcing my hand with this -- when is it going to be fixed? Or do I have to find another music provider? because I really don't want to but IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO USE THE APP ANYMORE. It is extremely dangerous for one thing and for another thing if you guys don't care enough about what you offer up to us then I don't need to keep sending you money. Just as an example of how poorly your software development department does, when my credit card went bad you just canceled my account instead of letting me know and so I had to start all over again with a new free trial I lost the pricing I was getting and so on and so forth. That is ridiculous. This is the 21st century. Are you guys ever going to get it together? I feel like you're circling the drain as a company and I'm just wasting my time because nobody cares.

0 Kudos