cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED - 7/19/24) - iOS: Pandora buffers and skips on cellular

r2thehotone
Underground

I have an iPhone 13 Pro. I am currently running the most recent update for iOS which is 17.5.1. I recently updated Pandora to the latest update after doing that, the music is constantly buffering on cellular. All of my other applications work fine including streaming and YouTube on Cellular.

The only time Pandora works ok is on j WiFi. Very frustrating can’t listen at gym or in car anymore.

I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Refreshed my network settings. Closed out of and signed back into Pandora. Turned the device on and off. Issues persist. Started this week July 12 after most recent update from App Store on Pandora. Please 🙏🏻 Help!

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread so that it appears at the top. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Pandora Update (07.19.24): Hey everyone 👋

Thank you for your patience while our teams investigated.

We believe that this issue has now been resolved.

Please try listening on your iOS device again and let us know if you’re still having trouble.

Pandora Update (07.17.24): Hi there 👋

We know some of you are experiencing buffering issues while using cellular data.

Our team is on it and investigating the root cause. We'll keep you posted with updates right here.

Thanks for your patience!

Pandora Update (07.15.24): Hey 👋

A network change was made that should help with this issue. Could you try again, and let me know if the buffering persists?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Pandora Update (07.15.24): Hi friends 👋

Thank you for reporting the buffering and skipping issues with the Pandora app on your iOS devices. Based on your messages, it sounds like the standard iOS troubleshooting steps don't help resolve the issue. The moderation team has passed along your feedback to the right people who can address it properly.

If you haven't already, feel free to include your network details to share with our tech team. It's helpful to know:

• Wireless Carrier:
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (09.02.24)

View solution in original post

62 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @r2thehotone 

Welcome to community!

Sorry to hear this is happening. Sounds like you've tried quite a bit of troubleshooting already, based on your post, unfortunately, I don't have any new steps that I believe would help resolve this for you.

To clarify, does the app open, but buffers when you try to play music or does it begin buffering as soon as you open the app?

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and passed this along your experience to our engineering team for further review and investigation.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Cmann
Local Performer

I've had the same experience with my S24 Ultra and Android Auto. It'll start playing and then once one song ends will buffer continuously for a number of minutes. Occasionally it'll start playing again but the same issue pops up after the new song ends. Frustrating. 

timoarroz
Opening Act

App on iOS continually buffering making app unusable even with 4 5g bars

Msmck88
Local Performer

I have been having the same buffering issue on my iPhone.  It has been buffering for days.  Deleted and reinstalled the Pandora app but no luck.  Still buffering days on end.  Shut down phone and reconnected to WI-FI.   

0 Kudos

SammieSue
Local Performer

I have had the same issue for days now, I’ve done all the trouble shooting steps I’ve uninstalled redownload, restarted my device. My iPhone is up to date this is ridiculous I’m paying for this app and it’s not working. 

Tinkerpape
Local Performer

I just upgraded my phone from an iPhone 13 Pro to a iPhone 15 Pro and Pandora just keeps buffering when on cellular data! It’s driving me insane! My previous phone did not have this issue at all. 
I'm using iOS 17.5.1, and pandora version 2406.1

I’ve already deleted the app and re-downloaded it 

mod edit: merged comments

gman66
Underground

The issue will Pandora (latest version 2406.1) constantly buffering from one song to another when using your Celluar Data with your phone (iphone latest IOS 17.5.1 pdated)  - but does not have a buffering issue with WIFI - is due to PANDORA having a BAD UPDATE with bugs that needs to be fixed. 

This contstant buffering issue with Cellular Data ONLY and not WIFI is a software issue with the latest updated that needs to be fixed IMMEDIATELY PLEASE or you will loose numerous long term loyal customers like me.  I am a Pandora Premium Plus customer paying for a service now I can NOT use

To be clear to PANDORA this issue is YOUR issue - not the phone device, not the cellular service provider, because when using OTHER music applications - SiriusXM, Spotify, etc - this buffering issue does NOT exist with other music applications - just with Pandora, and it started with the most recent update.

The PANDORA APP NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP with the NEXT UPDATE -

Pandora reply back when you will fix this buffering bug from your latest update!

AMastria95
Underground

I’ve been dealing with this buffering issue for about two days now. Whenever I skip a song on a station it won’t play the next. But my playlists will continue to play. Does anyone have any suggestions? I’ve tried restarting my phone and deleting the app on my IPhone but the issue still persist.

r2thehotone
Underground
It’s ridiculous. Pandora needs to do something to fix this. We are paying for a service they should credit our account!

websiteslinger
Local Performer

My wife and I are experiencing the same issue with Pandora only. Other streaming apps work fine on cellular. This started a few days ago and no troubleshooting has alleviated the issue.

dhpack
Local Performer

I too am having the same problem.  Only on cellular.  Started 2 days ago.  Buffering typically occurs between songs.  Appears to be random but each instance of buffering is a number of minutes.  Very frustrating.  Never had this problem before.  I have a iPhone 15 Pro running latest OS.  Running Pandora version 2406.1.

PD646
Local Performer

Having the same problem. Seems to work fine on startup but as soon as the first song is over or I try to skip, it continuously buffers. This is only affecting my stations (which is most of what I use when streaming music)

Cltedro
Local Performer

I am also experiencing this issue. Please provide a fix asap as the app is useless at this point. You raised the monthly fee while releasing a version of the app the is worthless. Not great PR. 

ClassyNekoda
Local Performer

Same Issue

Pandora 2406.1

ATT

iPhone 13

iOS 17.5.1

My Tmobile phone works fine - ATT phone does not - it just buffers over and over again if I am on cellular data

jameyl3
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue as well.  Just started a week a go!

David210
Underground

I’ve had the same issue since the update I’m using a iPhone15 pro max all current on updates. You need to fix this issue why should I be paying for a subscription when it’s not working 

I’ve had the same issues . I have a iPhone 15 pro max and it’s current on updates. You guys need to fix this issue. I’m paying for a premium subscription and can’t even use it in my truck 

mod edit: merged comments

Jesmc
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue!! 

Forkner15
Local Performer

I have an Apple 13 pro max

Constant cutting out and buffering issues

Ikes1
Underground

I am having the exact same issue.  I even deleted the app and reinstalled it.