cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Pandora does not respond to verbal requests from Siri

daleslad
On the Rise

Once Pandora is activated and playing music, I am unable to contact Siri verbally to request any changes to the playlist.

I am able to do this on my iPhone 14 Pro without any problems.

I have rebooted my iPhone 7 Plus and followed numerous suggestions on Google to no avail. 

Thanks

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

LeonPandora

@daleslad sorry to hear that.

The current version of Pandora for iOS requires iOS 15. To confirm the iOS version you are running on your device, open your device's Settings, go to General, About, and Version. If you are running a version older than iOS 15, you will need to update your iOS version.

Otherwise, I'm afraid you won't be able to download the current version of the Pandora app on that device. Previous versions of the Pandora app are not available for download.

If your device runs an older version, you may experience some unpredictable behavior.

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Hi Leon, I did actually respond to your last email two days ago and was waiting for a reply. I just checked my sent mail folder to confirm whether or not I did answer your email and I did so I am not as senile as I thought I was LOL.

Anyhow I do have iOS 15.8 on my iPhone. However, I am still confused about which Pandora version I have. I've looked everywhere in settings and in my profile and anywhere else I could think of but I didn't see anything that would help me to know which version I have.

I'm assuming that I must have the older version which is why I can't get a response from Siri, so my next question is how do I download the new or current Pandora and how will it affect my playlists etc. Thank you
Jim
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @daleslad 

You can find your Pandora version with the following steps:

• Open the Pandora app
  • Tap Profile
  • Tap Settings (the gear icon in the top right)
  • Scroll all the way to the bottom for the version

The current version of Pandora is on 2406.1. To check for updates, you'll need to visit the App Store on your phone.

Updating the app should not affecting your subscription or content within your Pandora account.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos