cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Plays One Song Then Stops

boomer
Local Performer

I have signed up for Pandora and have the app on my i phone, while out walking it only plays one song then stops

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @boomer. 👋

Sorry to hear that your tunes are interrupted during your walks.

I do see that you're signed up for Pandora Plus. This also means you can listen to your stations offline with Plus, if you don't have WiFi / cellular during your walks.

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations. If you're not seeing Thumbprint Radio in your downloaded stations, you'll need to add it to your collection.

To listen offline from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode on.

Once Offline Mode has been enabled, you will see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening.

++

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Are you receiving any error messages when this happens?
  • Have you already tried offline mode on your iPhone?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @boomer. 👋

Sorry to hear that your tunes are interrupted during your walks.

I do see that you're signed up for Pandora Plus. This also means you can listen to your stations offline with Plus, if you don't have WiFi / cellular during your walks.

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations. If you're not seeing Thumbprint Radio in your downloaded stations, you'll need to add it to your collection.

To listen offline from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode on.

Once Offline Mode has been enabled, you will see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening.

++

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Are you receiving any error messages when this happens?
  • Have you already tried offline mode on your iPhone?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

DZOOM
Local Performer

Same problem . It’s not an offline problem.  It plays one song and stops. So I change stations. It plays one song and stops. Etc…I have an iPhone 11 with latest software update. It’s annoying! What do I have to do? I’ve deleted pandora and reinstalled it. I’m a paying subscriber but if this is not fixed I’m canceling 

mod edit: removed personal info

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @DZOOM. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your music playing one song and then stopping. I completely understand how frustrating this can be. 

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: iOS Troubleshooting

If the issue persists, would you mind providing more details about your device to share with our engineering team?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 11
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: iOS 15
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Thanks for reporting this! 🎧

0 Kudos

Sheppyw
Local Performer

Same problem.  as above It plays one song and stops. So I change stations. It plays one song and stops. Etc…I have an with latest software update.  playing on Ipad 8th generation Sonos Speakers. have been playing all year and last 7 days this problem started  What do I have to do? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Sheppyw. 👋

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Does this only happen when you're connected to your Sonos via your iPad device?

++

Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue.

First, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

0 Kudos

DHeck
Underground

Same problem for me - Pandora Plus works fine when I’m connected to my Sonos system. When I’m listening through my iPad, it only plays one song at a time. I’ve rebooted, deleted the app, added it back, and same problem. Seems that a few people are experiencing the same. Something on the Pandora side…thanks!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @DHeck. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience, and sorry for the continued issues.

Sounds like you've tried out the basic troubleshooting and you're still having trouble.

Would you mind providing more details about your device to share with our engineering team? I'd like to add your details to an internal ticket for further investigation. It's helpful to know:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: 
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Let me know, and I can pass this along for you. 🎧

0 Kudos

DHeck
Underground

Hello! sent you an email yesterday with all of the details. Thanks for helping to figure this out! LOVE my Pandora…

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @DHeck. 👋

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any email messages sent to our support team or any private messages on Community from you. I haven't received that requested info to share with engineering. 

Were you in touch with someone via email?

If possible, could you copy and paste in your next post so that I can add this to internal ticket. I'm sorry for any additional inconvenience this may cause. 🎧

0 Kudos

DHeck
Underground

(From my message):

Hi Alyssa!

IPhone is 11Pro, 15.4.1, AT&T 50.0…no issues! WiFi, stations and songs play beautifully.
IPad Air 2, 15.4.1, AT&T, WiFi, stops after one song. This is relatively new, as of couple of weeks. 
Pandora Plus, version 2203.1
No errors, just never advances to next song. I have to manually go to the next song. 

I’ve had Pandora for YEARS without any issues. 

Thanks for anything you can do!

Cheers,
Donna

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DHeck Thanks so much for those details.

One question I forgot to ask - does this occur when you're listening to a station, album, playlist?

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and shared this with our engineering team on an internal ticket so they can investigate further. 🎧

0 Kudos

Alway
Local Performer

Same problem. One song and out. I did the debit and the delete app and start again. Help. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Alway. 👋

Thanks for posting about this. Could you provide the following details?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: 

Let me know, and I can add this to the internal ticket we have open with our engineering team. 🎧

0 Kudos

DHeck
Underground

My pleasure! Stations. I don’t listen to albums or playlists. But I have lots of stations! Hope this helps.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, @DHeck. I have added this info to the ticket.

Thanks again for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

rws
Local Performer

I've restarted my phone and deleted and redownloaded app. Please advise

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rws I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Plays One Song Then Stops

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: iOS Troubleshooting

If the issue persists, would you mind providing more details about your device to share with our engineering team?

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Dderen02
Local Performer

I have the same problem on my Samsung TV at home and on both mine and my boyfriends iPhone 13’s. I have rebooted all devices, deleted the app and reinstalled them, all 3 devices have the latest version of Pandora and iOS, it plays one song and stops. I neeeeeeeed my Pandora, 😊 it gets me through life. Sounds like this is an ongoing issue with Pandora. Please help. I do NOT want to switch to the dark side (Spotify). 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dderen02 It sounds like the issue may be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora if it is happening across devices.

Please try connecting your device directly via an Ethernet cable and see if that helps.

If there is no change, try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Does this also happen when streaming pandora using mobile data vs. wifi on your iPhones?

Let me know how it goes! 

0 Kudos