cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Station doesn’t play unless I change the station

Menji
Local Performer

Hello! I’ve been using pandora for a while now and this is the first time I’ve encountered this issue. 

when I turn on pandora and I’m on a station it won’t play the song, I try to hit the play button and nothing happens. I hit skip song and nothing happens. I close out the app and it’s still stuck on the song I closed the app on. The only fix I’ve found is to go to a different station  and go back to the station I want to listen too. This is the same issue on and off wifi. There is no error message when this happens as well. Any help would be great!

Labels (2)
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Menji. 👋

Do you receive any buffering errors when this happens?

In the meantime, please try running through these steps while I have a trace enabled on your account. This will be helpful in case I need to share your experience with our engineering team: iOS Troubleshooting

I can report this issue if it persists after running through those steps. 

It's helpful to know:

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: 
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

KiritoFL
Underground

I've started having the same issue as well - I believe it was after I upgraded to iOS 16. Never had any issues before then. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @KiritoFL. 👋

Sorry for any trouble you've experienced.

new version of the Pandora app was released over the weekend. If you haven't already, please try manually updating to Pandora app version 2209.2.1. This new update should fix the buffering issues.

You can manually update the Pandora app from the App store on your Apple device.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

Let me know if this helps resolve the issue. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

KiritoFL
Underground

Thank you for the reply, I just downloaded the latest version and will see how it works out. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good, @KiritoFL.

Feel free to let us know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

KiritoFL
Underground

Only been a day and a half since installing the latest version, but I can tell it’s 10000% better than before. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, @KiritoFL. If anything else pops up, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Enjoy the tunes! 🎶

0 Kudos