cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Thumbs down don't save

thatdeftkid
Local Performer

I am experiencing the same issue. Also, marking a track as "I'm tired of this track" only puts the track on hold for a day until it plays again. Shouldn't it be longer than that?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@thatdeftkid Can you please send me screenshots of an example where a track isn't initially showing as thumbed up, and then a screenshot of where the thumbs up is highlighted after replaying it?

Additionally, does the issue with tracks playing again after selecting I'm tired of this track happen when you are listening in Shuffle Mode?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

thatdeftkid
Local Performer

Here is a screen recording of a Thumbs Down song not recording: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qkQBVDsbffmmIambs9QE_ePJ1bT3ngCF/view?usp=share_link

No, it happens on a specific station. 

Thanks for the response!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@thatdeftkid Thanks for following up.

I created a separate thread for your issue since what you are experiencing is something different than the original one you posted on.

To clarify, does this only happen when thumbing down tracks? Or does it also happen when you attempt to give a track a thumbs up?

Also, does this happen on all of your stations, or only Kanye West Radio?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

thatdeftkid
Local Performer

It happens with both. I haven't been able to get a screengrab of the Thumbs Up instance yet. I will post the screenshot(s) here the next time the Thumbs Up issue occurs.

Only Kanye West radio.

0 Kudos

thatdeftkid
Local Performer

I rebooted my device, and deleted/reinstalled the Pandora app.

It is not occurring with Thumbs Up, but is still occurring with Thumbs Down:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PxVfVeHHAJkesLx7y7nmMp4JFzPuUNzd/view?usp=share_link

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @thatdeftkid - I'm been following along and was wondering if you could try again today. We were performing some maintenance yesterday that should not have affected listeners but perhaps something was missed.

Would you mind trying again today to see if you still have trouble thumbing down tracks on your Kanye West station?

If you are, to help further investigate, can you create another test station (anything you like) and thumb down and up tracks to see if you have the same experience.

I tried replicating your experience yesterday on my iPhone with my personal stations and the Kanye West station and wasn't able to. At this point, I'd like to narrow down the exact experience and gather as much information as possible to pass along to our engineering team.

Thanks for the assist.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

thatdeftkid
Local Performer

Hi Tanner,

The issue is definitely not happening as much, but it is still occurring with two specific songs on the Kanye West station:

- Eminem - The Way I Am

- Jay-Z - Renegade

I'm giving these songs a Thumbs Up, but when they play again, the thumb does not show. When I thumb it up again and check my Thumbs Up list, the songs do not appear at the top of the list.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@thatdeftkid Can you also try creating a new station to see if you are able to reproduce the issue there as well?

We want to confirm if this is only an issue with your Kanye West station, or if it is an issue across the board.

Thanks again for the help!

0 Kudos

thatdeftkid
Local Performer

Hi Adam,

Running into an entirely new issue by creating a new station (Jay-Z). It seems like it's automatically giving songs Thumbs Up when I haven't listened to them on that station yet. Ha.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@thatdeftkid That is very strange.

I do see you have 24 Thumbs Up ratings on the Jay-Z station you just created:

Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 10.24.07 AM.png

To clarify, when you created the station initially, were all 24 of those tracks already showing up in your station's Thumbs Up list?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

thatdeftkid
Local Performer

They were not.

I quickly went through Thumbing Up/Down the songs to see if I could reproduce the original issue, then noticed there were songs already being Thumbed Up that I haven't listened to on that station yet.

I'm wondering if it is some kind of caching issue?

0 Kudos

thatdeftkid
Local Performer

Hey Adam,

I decided to create a new account to test this issue out. I did not transfer my subscription over. I created the same Kanye West station to replicate the issue and certain tracks that I give a Thumbs Down to are still not saving.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the actual device that I am using.

More than willing to work with you to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

0 Kudos