cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Unable to cast to Sonos devices after 2211.1

cmride
Underground

Hello: 

Thank you for the quick response and actions. Unfortunately this did not resolve the issue for me. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app in both iPhone 14 Pro and older generation iPad. Made sure device was connected to same WiFi as Sonos. As a side note other streaming services are able to cast to the Sonos speakers without issue. Thanks

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @cmride 👋

Thanks for confirming that the update helped with this issue! 🎉

Updated Solution for casting Pandora to your Sonos Device:

1. Update the Pandora app from the App Store on your Apple Device.
  2. Next, perform our iOS Troubleshooting Steps.
  3. This should make the request to connect to devices on your local network appear again after tapping the casting icon

Hope this helps! Let us know if this works!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

racetracker
Local Performer
Unfortunately, the latest pandora app update has not solved the casting to Sonos problem for me.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cmride @racetracker Thanks for providing that info.

I went ahead and created a new thread for the both of you since updating the app did not resolve the issue for you.

I've passed your feedback along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks again for your patience in the meantime!
0 Kudos

Draga
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue as well, and can't find sonos device to cast from within Pandora app. I'm using latest Pandora iOS app on iPhone 14 pro running iOS 16.1.2.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @Draga

Thanks for reporting and I understand how frustrating this could be.

We have an internal ticket open with our engineers and I've passed your info along to them so that they can further investigate.

In addition, I've enabled a trace on your account and if you haven't already I suggest performing our iOS Troubleshooting Steps in the meantime.

We appreciate your patience as we try to find a solution to this issue! 🎧

cmride
Underground

Hello-

With the most recent iOS update I am now able to connect to Sonos devices via Pandora app. Not sure what changed, but I am thankful. Cheers! 

cmride
Underground

Actually I  might have spoken too soon. Had to reboot phone and now it doesn’t see the devices again. Sigh 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @cmride 👋

Thanks for confirming that the update helped with this issue! 🎉

Updated Solution for casting Pandora to your Sonos Device:

1. Update the Pandora app from the App Store on your Apple Device.
  2. Next, perform our iOS Troubleshooting Steps.
  3. This should make the request to connect to devices on your local network appear again after tapping the casting icon

Hope this helps! Let us know if this works!

0 Kudos

TheTheThe
Underground

I’m having the same problem on an iPhone. Everything totally updated, and rebooted. Can see Google devices on the cast list, but no Sonos. This really needs to work

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @TheTheThe 👋

Thanks for your first post and welcome to Community!

Since this issue is pertaining to an iOS device, I moved your original post to an existing thread under iOS: Unable to cast to Sonos devices after 2211.1.

Please check out our accepted solution to help get your Sonos devices to appear on your casting list.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

TheTheThe
Underground

I got it to work ,thanks, I can now see Sonos devices in the "casting" menu.

The problem I'm having now is that when I cast to my Sonos speaker and then leave my phone for a few minutes, the Pandora app does not update what is currently playing.

If I go into the Sonos app, I can see the song that's playing, but Pandora doesn't update - it's stuck on the past song. If I swipe the app up and force, quit it, and then reopen it it updates the song that's playing.

Any ideas on how to fix this, it's driving me nuts.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @TheTheThe 👋

Glad to hear you're able to cast Pandora back on your Sonos device, however, apologize to hear you're experiencing this issue.

Let's try some troubleshooting steps on your Sonos device to see if they help.

• First, confirm that your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Sonos.
  • Next, check for any updates to the Sonos and Pandora apps. To check for any necessary updates, visit the app store on your device.

If you continue to have trouble after you've done that, make sure that your Sonos' firmware is up to date.

• To check for firmware updates from an iOS or Android device, open your Sonos app and tap on the More tab. Select Settings and then Check for Updates.

Once any necessary updates are complete, restart your Sonos device and try Pandora again.

Let me know how it goes!

0 Kudos