cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Unable to share specific songs

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

Hello all! 
I noticed that when I try to share music I am listening to, it does nothing. Yet I can share the station. Is that only an  option on the premium plan? Thanks! 😊

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joemd1960 Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening! 😎

View solution in original post

13 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joemd1960 You should be able to share the track that is currently playing.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message when you attempt to share a specific track? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing?

I appreciate your help with this! 

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

Hey Adam,

I am using my iPhone 8 Plus, with Verizon wireless. There is no error message, just a quick spinning wheel, too quick where I cannot capture it to show what it is doing. What I have noticed, sometimes when I go to share a link. You can see in one screen shot where it says unavailable, and the other it says radio. If I were to guess, it’s a Sonos, or external speaker  issue, I can share if I am playing from the iPhone speaker only. If I connect to an external speaker, it won’t let me share the link. Thanks for reaching out Adam, much appreciated!😊
E81B3A71-FCD5-4182-8A7C-89C35CF2AC19.jpeg36B987C1-26F1-486C-940C-5BA4577EB180.jpeg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joemd1960 Thanks for following up with those additional details.

To clarify, do you get the "spinning wheel" after tapping on Messages or Copy Link?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the meantime, I recommend running through these troubleshooting steps to see if they help resolve the issue you are having with sharing tracks: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Kudos

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

I get the spinning wheel when tapping messages. I can share the station, just not individual tracks. But like I said, when you see the “unavailable” box, you cannot share the track. And I tried to copy the link and putting it in a message, it won’t let me do that either. It also does not let you look at more options. If I disconnect the external speaker, than all is good. Maybe a bug within Pandora, I don’t know.    Thanks Adam 😊

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joemd1960 I recommend running through these troubleshooting steps to see if they help resolve the issue you are having with sharing tracks: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If you are still unable to share those tracks when connected to Sonos or to an external speaker, do you think you can send me a screen-recording of what is happening when you tap on Messages or Copy Link?

You won't be able to attach that video in this community post, however I can move this conversation over to email so we can look into it further.

If you are unsure of how to screen record on your iOS device, here is a helpful article from Apple's support site: How to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

I appreciate you sticking with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

I appreciate you looking into this, you’re very helpful. I did notice the issue went away when I upgraded to premium. Nice ploy, is this how you guys get premium subscribers?! 😁 Just kidding, maybe when I uninstalled and installed the app it fixed something. All we can do is keep an eye on it, if it starts up again I’ll reach out. Thanks again. 😊

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joemd1960 Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening! 😎

randykayaks69
Local Performer

it  soeasnt  work for  me   for  a month  now

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @randykayaks69. 👋

Sounds like you're having some trouble.

Sharing Music from the Pandora app on your iPhone:

It's often easiest to share a song, station, album, playlist, podcast or artist by searching for it (even if it's already a part of your collection).

Then tap the name of the song/station/album/playlist/artist/podcast* and tap Share.

From here you'll be able to share your content either through your messages, through social media channels like Snapchat, Instagram Stories or via email. You can also select Copy Link for a direct link to the content you've selected. If you don't see a social media option you'd like to use, make sure that you have the social media app downloaded to your device.

++

If you're still having trouble, could you share a bit more about what is happening?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

randykayaks69
Local Performer

i  click on  share  then  fb  and  nothing  happens  hasn't  worked  for  4  months  

i ordered  upgrade  and  stil  doesnt  work  so i  cancel my  trail  subscription

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @randykayaks69. 👋

You should be able to share to Facebook without a paid or free trial subscription. To troubleshoot this, I've gone ahead and removed the Facebook association from your Pandora profile.

Could you try re-adding Facebook using the steps below?

To connect your Pandora account with Facebook from a mobile device:

1. Open Pandora and tap the Profile tab.
  2. Press the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  3. Select Privacy. 
  4. Under Manage External Services, you can toggle the Facebook setting to On. You will be asked to authorize your connection. A confirmation message will pop up indicating that you have successfully connected your Pandora and Facebook accounts.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

randykayaks69
Local Performer
Sent from Mail<> for Windows
I clickon setting and it shows privacy I cant click o it also shows fb content and I click connect and nothing happens this **ahem**
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @randykayaks69. 👋

Thanks so much for sticking with me on this, and I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble.

I recommend running through these troubleshooting steps to see if they help resolve the issue you are on your iPhone device: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

++

If uninstalling / reinstalling doesn't resolve the issue, I can report this on your behalf. It's helpful to know the following:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

I appreciate your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos