Using iPhone not Android. Answers only address Android

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
57 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Prof. 👋

I moved your post over to the iOS board to keep the community organized.

Please try rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let me know.

Feel free to let me know if this helps! 🎵

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

gatorgirl1
Local Performer

I have IPhone 8, I have tinnitus so I listen all night long and it just stops playing, several times a night. I have rebooted, I have deleted the app and reinstalled and I have OS 13.3. Still doesn't keep playing.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gatorgirl1 I have a feeling you might be running into the timeout message.

The timeout message comes up when we detect that you have not interacted with the player for a while. This is in place to avoid playing music to empty rooms and helps reduce our streaming costs.

Since we pay full royalties on every song we play, having a timeout interval enables us to prevent streaming endlessly to unattended devices. Ultimately, it allows us to maintain our current subscription prices.

When you encounter the timeout message, simply click or tap anywhere on the Pandora music player to continue listening.

Upgrading allows you to listen uninterrupted for longer periods of time. Pandora Plus subscribers have longer timeout periods than free listeners, and Pandora Premium subscribers have longer timeout periods than Pandora Plus subscribers. While you will experience fewer timeouts, the timeout policy does not go away.

Hope this helps explain! 

0 Kudos

Llt6886
Underground

Good Morning Adam,

I am having this exact same issue. How do I go about resolving it?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Llt6886 I'm happy to look into this.

Please follow up with some additional information:

• The name of the station that error message appears on
  • A screenshot of the error message you are seeing

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Llt6886
Underground

Great, thanks!

the station name is “Downton Abbey (TV Score) Radio” and below is the error message I am receiving.

6ECD6C29-8DD4-48BA-AB73-65B22A8AF227.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Llt6886 Thanks for following up.

I'll need to report this issue to our engineers. 

Could you please tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this!

0 Kudos

Llt6886
Underground

Device: iPhone 8 Plus

carrier: verizon

ios version: 13.7

pandora version: 2008.1

0 Kudos

Llt6886
Underground

Also, I’m connected to wi-fi  and have not had any other issues. All of my other stations are playing as normal. Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Llt6886 Thank you for sending that over.

I have escalated your report over to our engineers so they can take a closer look at your station.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

0 Kudos

Llt6886
Underground

Good morning Adam, 

It seems this morning the issue has been resolved. Thank you for your help in getting this handled!

Lauren

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Llt6886 Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening! 😁

0 Kudos

TommyL
Underground

My Pandora iPhone app stopped working without Wifi about a week ago. It was working just fine prior to that. Now it might play one song then stop, sometime saying "buffering". After about a minute or so of silence, a pop-up will appear stating the Station is nolonger available and to try again or try another station (neither of which work).

I've done the following to no avail

1. Rebooting the device

2. Re-installed Pandora

3. Toggled Cellular data off/on

4. Insured Cellular Data was on for Pandora (toggled this also)

I have an iPhone Xr with version 14.1. My Pandora version is 2010.1. My cellular provider is Sprint/T-Mobile. I have plenty of storage left (46GB).

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TommyL Thanks for sharing your experience on the Community.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Error message: "Station is no longer available"

Would it be possible to send over a screenshot of the error message that is popping up?

Also, are you only experiencing issues with Pandora when WiFi is turned off?

Have you tried streaming other apps such as YouTube?

If not, please try launching the YouTube app and let me know if you experience any issues there as well.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

TommyL
Underground

Here is the snapshot of the error message. I don’t have the YouTube app but I do stream through FaceBook ok. 
I’ve noticed that if I switch cellular between 4G-LTE to 3G it works somewhat better with 3G. Up until about a week or so ago it always worked fine with LYR

C6488F93-06A3-4A52-AB01-14C7E95B6A4C.png

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @TommyL.

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you please answer a few more questions for me?

1. Where are you listening (home, work, or on the go)?
  2. Is this happening on all your stations or just one? If only one station, what is the name of that station?
  3. Are you using Pandora Modes when experiencing this issue?

Let me know what you find out.

0 Kudos

TommyL
Underground

1. I started having this issue traveling in my car. But I can duplicate it in my home when I turn the WiFi off on my phone. 
2. This happens regardless of station

3. Not sure what Modes are. If you meant Moods I don’t use them. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TommyL I went ahead and added your report to the ticket we have open with our engineering team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for all your patience with this as they work to find a resolution. 🤝

0 Kudos

TommyL
Underground

@AdamPandora - I upgraded my Pandora App about a week ago to 2010.1.1 and this is no longer an issue. Thanks