Local Performer

Using iPhone not Android. Answers only address Android

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
57 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TommyL Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

Listener001
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm having the same issue with my 80s Country Fitness Radio. The error I'm getting is "This station is not currently available. Please choose another station" It's the only station that's doing this. Can you check into this issue? My carrier is T-Mobile, the iOS version on my iPhone is 14.2 and the Pandora version I have is 2010.1.1. It's been crazy while I've been trying to fine tune it really good so I can listen to it while I walk.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 I had our support team take a look at your account, and you're seeing that message pop up as a result of a very high number of Thumbed down tracks on your stations.

Thumbed down tracks narrow down the song pool and can lead to the error message you are seeing. Thumbed up tracks, on the other hand, act like seeds that inspire similar music to play.

To fix the error, you'll need to remove some Thumb Down ratings and continue to Thumb Up those songs that really stand out. Balancing your Thumb ratings can help you tune your stations as you desire.

Hope this helps!

Listener001
Not applicable

Okay, thanks.

Listener001
Not applicable

That works, I look at my thumbs down list and remove the ones that are greyed out. I forgot about doing this. It really helps. I'm a little worried about my Pandora Support lady, AlyssaPandora that helps me through e-mail. Is she okay?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 Happy to hear that helped!

@AlyssaPandora is doing okay - if you've sent her an email recently, she should be able to get back to you shortly. 😉

Listener001
Not applicable

Okay, that's good 🙂. I'm having fun making playlists and collecting songs. I have to tell you I'm not used to making playlists and putting the actual CD name in the playlists yet so it plays the other songs to on that CD, but I will get the hang of it soon. Still can't figure out why my Carlene Carter station I made messed up. I was doing the same thing with playlists on that station, but I know you guys will have it up and running again for me soon after you guys find the real reason why it did what it did and restore it back the way it was. I'm glad you guys have it stored on the server 'cause I worked on it really hard crafting and updating it.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 Yes - please email me again if you need assistance. I don't believe that I received your last message. I'm always happy to help with your stations and any questions you may have. 👍

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I'm glad you are doing okay. I was worried about you just a little bit. I got the issue resolved with my station not being available. Sometimes, I have poor internet connection over here and it makes things a little crazy with me trying to listen to my Pandora stations. I have another question I'm e-mailing you about in a few minutes 🙂.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good, @Listener001. 👍

Thanks for letting me know. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

You're welcome. I just sent you an e-mail a few minutes ago 🙂.

David58
Local Performer

I am having a similar problem with the station Christmas Piano.  After playing a few songs I get the message:

This station not currently available.  Choose another station instead.

It is happen on all my devices.  I use wifi and AT&T.

The devices include:

iPad Mini 2 running s/w 12.4.9

iPhone Xs running IOS 14.2

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@David58 Would it be possible to send over a screenshot of the error message you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Warrinles
Local Performer

My Pandora is displaying This station is currently not available on my iPhone iOS 14.7.1 and iPad iOS 14.7.01, 

this has happened over the last two days, including on the previous iOS version.

I have deleted the app and reinstalled, no change

i have only 15 thumbs set

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Warrinles I moved your post over to this existing thread: Error Message: This Station is Currently Not Available

I've gone ahead and added your feedback to the ticket we currently have open with our engineering team.

In the meantime, can you please answer a couple more questions for me?

1. Where are you listening (home, work, or on the go)?
  2. Is this happening on all your stations or just one?
  3. Are you using Pandora Modes when experiencing this issue?
  4. Is this happening when on Wi-Fi or cellular data?
  5. Does this occur on all your devices or just one?

This will give me a better sense of what's causing this, and we can go from there.

Let me know what you find out.

0 Kudos

Warrinles
Local Performer
Hi,
On all my devices iPhone se 2020 , iPad 2 yrs old
Both roaming and at home
On all stations
Since Wednesday 28th July
Updated iPad to iOS 14.7.1 on Friday, so was happening on previous version also.
I have tried restarting, uninstall and reinstall of the app on the iPad.

My husband is not having the same problem: iPhone se 2020 and iPad Pro

Sent from Mail.ru app for iOS
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @Warrinles.

I've updated our engineering team with this additional information.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime as they continue to look into this.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Warrinles Our engineering team made a small change that should help.

Please try again and let me know if you continue to run into issues with this.

Warrinles
Local Performer
All fixed thank you 😁👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Sent from Mail.ru app for iOS
0 Kudos

biancalane20
Local Performer

I am having the same issue . on my iphone, laptop mac . i have deleted the app and reinstalled it . still the same . please help 

0 Kudos