Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @PhillyGirl19!

You can restrict Pandora from playing songs or displaying ads with explicit language. To block explicit content, from a computer:

1. Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Content Settings on the left, then toggle the Explicit Content setting to Off to block explicit content. Setting it to On will allow explicit content.
  4. You'll need to Submit your password in order to confirm your changes.

Once this setting is turned off, we'll restrict explicit content for that account on all devices. This will limit Pandora to playing only music and ads that could play on daytime broadcast radio. 

Note that this can only be applied to the entire account and NOT specific stations. Also, it doesn't apply to podcasts. You can identify podcasts with explicit language by a red "E" label in the episode title.

++

If you're not using a computer, you can find out how to manage this setting using these steps.

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

15 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @PhillyGirl19!

You can restrict Pandora from playing songs or displaying ads with explicit language. To block explicit content, from a computer:

1. Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Content Settings on the left, then toggle the Explicit Content setting to Off to block explicit content. Setting it to On will allow explicit content.
  4. You'll need to Submit your password in order to confirm your changes.

Once this setting is turned off, we'll restrict explicit content for that account on all devices. This will limit Pandora to playing only music and ads that could play on daytime broadcast radio. 

Note that this can only be applied to the entire account and NOT specific stations. Also, it doesn't apply to podcasts. You can identify podcasts with explicit language by a red "E" label in the episode title.

++

If you're not using a computer, you can find out how to manage this setting using these steps.

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community!

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

kalpsmile
Local Performer

thank you.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all, @kalpsmile

Happy listening! 🎶

0 Kudos

Ashleariern
Local Performer

Hello,

I wanted to let my daughter use my pandora account.  So I changed my setting to restrict explicit music.  However, it is still allowing explicits songs to play on my account.  Please help. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Ashleariern! Thanks for posting.

Just to clarify, the explicit filter will only apply to your radio stations. I noticed that you've recently activated a premium session. While in this premium session if a listener searches for songs or albums, they'll be able to choose from both explicit and clean tracks.

If that isn't what's happening, can you give me a little more feedback so I can take a look into this?

• What station did this happen on?
  • What was the artist?
  • Which song was it?
  • Were you able to give the song a Thumbs-down? If not, then please give a Thumbs-down to any explicit songs that might play.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Vlindsey
Local Performer

How can I do this from my phone 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vlindsey To adjust your Explicit Content filter from your mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile icon, followed by the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Select Account.
  3. To allow explicit content, switch the Allow Explicit Content option to OFF.
  4. Tap Save, then enter your password to confirm the changes.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Maisiet
Local Performer

It will not allow me to turn off explicit. This is very frustrating.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Maisiet You should be able to adjust your Explicit filter by navigating to your Settings - here is a screenshot of what it would look like:

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 4.30.23 AM.png

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Kudos

Sweetzombiej
Local Performer

How do I do the opposite. Is there a setting that forces only the original music to play?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sweetzombiej It looks like you've posted about this before.

Check out my reply to your original message here.

0 Kudos

CarissaGrace
Local Performer

Hi!

I'm having the same problem. In my Playlist with  lizzo and doja cat the artists can still say **ahem** and a couple other words pretty often.  It's like certain stations ignore the rule? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CarissaGrace Can you please send us a screenshot of the next explicit track that plays on your account?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

jaysonsaxon09
Local Performer

How can I create a single station that had the “explicit” filter turned on? I want a single station that had clean/radio edit songs only. Without affecting the rest of my stations 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jaysonsaxon09 This isn't currently an option, however I recommend commenting on and upvoting this existing feature request if you'd like to see it added to the service: Option to select individual playlist/station Clean or Explicit

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos