mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Brywalton38. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space!

Unfortunately, making those adjustments while using the Pandora app isn't a feature. If you'd like to see these audio options implemented, feel free to upvote this existing feature request: Enable treble, bass and other tone adjustments

For more information about the audio quality on Pandora, please check out this helpful article: Change Audio Quality on Mobile 

Something else to note, we don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases, unlike terrestrial radio, which compresses the entire broadcast. As a result, some songs sound louder than others. However, we do use the Replay Gain technique that encodes a fixed volume adjustment into the mp3/mp4 header so that the actual player (web browser, phone or device) can adjust volume just as the track begins playing. If there are vast differences, it could also be due to different instrumentation or arrangements causing different apparent levels of volume where the actual decibel levels are the same.

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

6 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Brywalton38. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space!

Unfortunately, making those adjustments while using the Pandora app isn't a feature. If you'd like to see these audio options implemented, feel free to upvote this existing feature request: Enable treble, bass and other tone adjustments

For more information about the audio quality on Pandora, please check out this helpful article: Change Audio Quality on Mobile 

Something else to note, we don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases, unlike terrestrial radio, which compresses the entire broadcast. As a result, some songs sound louder than others. However, we do use the Replay Gain technique that encodes a fixed volume adjustment into the mp3/mp4 header so that the actual player (web browser, phone or device) can adjust volume just as the track begins playing. If there are vast differences, it could also be due to different instrumentation or arrangements causing different apparent levels of volume where the actual decibel levels are the same.

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

MacgyverMU
Local Performer

I can't find where to add this feature. I also can't find how to post bugs. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MacgyverMU Unfortunately, making those adjustments while using the Pandora app isn't a feature. If you'd like to see these audio options implemented, I would recommend creating a feature request here.

In regards to reporting a bug, could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

-----
Local Performer

Thank you for confirming Pandora does not have "Tone Controls".  I listen on my desktop computer at the office, using a high-end D/A converter and Good quality Totem speakers.  The problem is THERE IS NO BASS.  I use a small subwoofer and I thought it was broken. Turns out the issue is no bass in the music being streamed.  I'd say it cuts out around 80-90 Hz.  CD's played through the same systema and D/A are just fine.  Sadly, the problem is Pandora.  I was considering Upgrading my Pandora account but why do that for inferior sound quality.  Hopefully I'm missing something and you can help me with this.

0 Kudos

Rockinshane
Local Performer

Do like I did I downloaded a app booster base and control it from my phone to an external speaker I have in carport it's awesome 😎👍. Mike from Greenbrier.Arkansas 

0 Kudos

GuyK
Local Performer

I'm streaming from my TV to a hifi stereo, and the subwoofer has ZERO output.  So an equalizer won't do anything when there is no signal to boost.  I disagree with the statement "we don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases" since, again, there is ZERO BASS.

0 Kudos