cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Ads Cause "Unexpected Technical Difficulties" Error

ZyderZee
Opening Act

on my android phone, when ever an ad comes on i get error message "we are experiencing technical difficulties" and then app will pause for a second or up to a minute or so

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (05/05/2022):  Hi everyone 👋

Thanks for your patience while this was being worked on. We believe this issue has now been resolved.

Would you mind trying once more?

If the issue persists, please let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

56 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @ZyderZee. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this, and sorry for the trouble.

• Does this happen when you attempt to initiate a complimentary Premium session?
  • Or, is this just any visual advertisement that pops up?

Also, if you're able to get a screenshot of what's happening, please send that along as well.

I look forward to hearing back!

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

ZyderZee
Opening Act

just when ad pops up, also I reinstalled app and still does itScreenshot_20200507-133547_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ZyderZee Thanks so much for posting that helpful screenshot.

Would you mind running through these steps to see if it helps with that error message?

Let me know if the issue persists during your listening session today. 

0 Kudos

ZyderZee
Opening Act

performed all of the steps with no resolution, still getting error

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Appreciate you trying those steps out, @ZyderZee.

I'd like to report this on your behalf. Would you mind sharing the following details?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

ZyderZee
Opening Act

Model: Samsung-SM-J327A

Carrier: AT&T

Android version: 8.1.0

Build number: M1AJQ.J327AUCS5BSl1

Android Security Patch Level: SEPTEMBER 1, 2019 

Pandora version: 2004.2 (ANDROID-TUNER 2004.2RC6)

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the info @ZyderZee! I'm creating a report to pass on to our engineers.

I just had a couple of quick question. You mentioned that the app will pause when the ad appears and you receive the error message.

• Does the ad play through, then the error message appears, or does the error message appears when the ad begins?
  • Does playback resume on its own or do you need to press play?

Thanks for the help. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ZyderZee
Opening Act

The ad will start the then the error message will appear shortly after with the pause, then playback will resume on its own

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ZyderZee Thanks for the follow up. @TannerPandora created a ticket with our engineering team so that we can look deeper into this issue. 

Your patience is much appreciated while our team investigates this further! 👍

0 Kudos

ZyderZee
Opening Act

for most of last week I did not have any ads appearing, i figured they where disabled trying to figure out he issue, Friday afternoon the reappeared along with the same error message, just thought i should pass the info along, thanks

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ZyderZee Thanks for passing along that information. I've shared your update with engineering on the open ticket for this issue. 👍

0 Kudos

John13601
Local Performer

When I have Pandora on I will get a We are experiencing technical difficulties  error message. This will also give me a Pandora error message on the screen of my car audio system and shut the app down on the car. It is still working on the phone but has to be restarted on the car. It starts right back up on the same commercial as if it had been paused. This is getting g very annoying having to restart the app ever 3 or 4 songs. Is there a patch for this program glitch 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @John13601. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community space organized: Ads Causing Error "We are having unexpected technical difficulties" 

Could you confirm which version of the Pandora app you're using? 

Pandora version:

• If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
  • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

If you haven't already, could you try updating to 2005.1?

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

0 Kudos

ZyderZee
Opening Act

hello, i started this thread a couple of years ago, and this issue reared it ugly head again, when ever an ad starts i get the same error message and the audio starts cutting out for a few seconds at the start of the ad

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ZyderZee I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to experience issues with this, please send us a new screenshot of the error the next time it appears after completing the troubleshooting steps above. 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

ZyderZee
Opening Act

went through troubleshooting steps with no resolution, here is the screen shotScreenshot_20220408-142952_Pandora.jpgshot

0 Kudos

blockocheese
Underground

I'm having this issue as well whenever an ad starts. The music still plays, but the notifications pile up and I have to click ok however many times ads have played to pause the station. 

I'm using an Android LG G7 and G8 and it's happening on both devices. I've followed the troubleshooting steps. Quality is set to low, battery saver is off, cleared all data and cache and the issue persists. 

Between this and the Spanish ads every 4-5 songs it's becoming very annoying to use this app. 

Please advise.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ZyderZee I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over some updated info about your device since the last time you provided it to us?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks again for all your help with this.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@blockocheese I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to experience issues with this, please send us a new screenshot of the error the next time it appears after completing the troubleshooting steps above. 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos