cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: “Cannot Connect to Pandora” Error Message

Jozlynkl
Local Performer

Hello my Pandora App will not open, I just keep getting the message "no connection". I'm connected to the internet. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but I keep getting the same result. Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Leschen. 👋

Unfortunately, we do not offer phone support. However, I'm happy to assist you via the community. 

Pandora on Different Devices:

Please keep in mind, Pandora accounts follow the email address, not the device or phone number. You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password. This applies to both free and paid Pandora accounts. This also means you won't need to install with any new info. You can listen from your original Pandora Plus account.

++

Switching from Offline Mode:

You should be able to listen without being in offline mode if you are using WiFi or a cellular connection. To begin, try switching back to online mode, you should be able to follow these steps:

To listen online from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode off.
++

Troubleshooting: 

If that error message continues to appear when attempting to go back online, please try out the steps below.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*
  1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know how it goes and whether the error message pops up after trying out these steps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jozlynkl I moved your post to the Android space  to keep the community tidy.

Would it be possible to send me a screenshot of the "no connection" error message you're seeing?

Thanks for the help with this! 

0 Kudos

Leschen
Local Performer

No change in anything except my husband just changed our phone carrier from AT&T to Consumer  Cellular.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Leschen Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

To clarify are you missing stations when you log into Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for all your help with this!

0 Kudos

Leschen
Local Performer

I am on a phone app, which I’ve used many times.  It is working as before, with the exception that I only now have 3 working stations (offline mode).  When I try to go online I get msg : Cannot connect to Pandora - please check your network connection and try again. Like I said before the only change with my phone is that the carrier has gone from AT&T (yesterday) to Consumer Cellular (today).  Do I need to re-install with new info ?  Thanks.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Leschen Thanks for following up.

To clarify, are you only experiencing this issue with Pandora?

Have you tried streaming other apps such as YouTube?

If not, please try launching the YouTube app and let me know if you experience similar issues there as well.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also, what is the make and model of your phone?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Leschen
Local Performer

I don’t use YouTube - shows as offline on my phone.  I’d rather not put it online at this time.  My phone is, as I mentioned before : Android, Samsung Galaxy 8+.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Leschen
Local Performer

I just tried my Pandora from my computer and all the stations do exist there, like before, so it MUST be due to my not getting online from my phone.  Can you tell me how to do that ?  Or do I need to contact the new phone carrier (on their end )?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Leschen I am going to move your post to the Android space since this issue is specific to your phone.

Can you please try running through the troubleshooting steps provided on our help page to see if that resolves the issue?

If not, can you please send me a screenshot of the error message you are seeing when you attempt to stream Pandora online?

Thanks for all your patience with this.

0 Kudos

Leschen
Local Performer

Are you suggesting that I click on the troubleshooting steps here or go to my phone?   Eventhough I can stream up to 3 stations on my phone, it shows the phone to be offline.  How can I change my Pandora app to ‘online’ ?  Nothing works for that. Should I just call in ?  Thanks.

Laura

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Leschen. 👋

Unfortunately, we do not offer phone support. However, I'm happy to assist you via the community. 

Pandora on Different Devices:

Please keep in mind, Pandora accounts follow the email address, not the device or phone number. You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password. This applies to both free and paid Pandora accounts. This also means you won't need to install with any new info. You can listen from your original Pandora Plus account.

++

Switching from Offline Mode:

You should be able to listen without being in offline mode if you are using WiFi or a cellular connection. To begin, try switching back to online mode, you should be able to follow these steps:

To listen online from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode off.
++

Troubleshooting: 

If that error message continues to appear when attempting to go back online, please try out the steps below.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*
  1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know how it goes and whether the error message pops up after trying out these steps. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

cobrapc
Local Performer

I just bought a Galaxy S10 and found that I can connect to Pandora on WiFi, but not while out on the road usine the mobile network. I've never had this problem with any other phone I've owned. I don't have a ton of bars, but it always connected before. I've tried all the tips & tricks I've found on the web, but nothing has worked so far. All I get is the, cannot connect check your network and try again, error. What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @cobrapc. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this error message. 

It sounds like you may have run through our standard steps here: Android Troubleshooting

Please try the following steps from your Android mobile phone:

• Go to your Android Settings.
  • Tap on Network & Internet, then tap Data Usage off and back on.
  • Finally, confirm Mobile Data is toggled on.

++

If you continue to have trouble - would you mind sharing more details about your device?

• Model: Samsung Galaxy S10
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos