cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Google Voice Commands Not Working

Mx325
Local Performer

I have two Android devices. Both exhibit the same behavior. When I issue a command like "ok Google. Play cardio b on Pandora" Pandora opens but then nothing else happens. The same happens when I issue a command to play a specific song. All software versions are up to date on both devices. When I issue the command to my Google hub it works fine.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi all!

Thanks for posting your experience with Google voice commands not working properly. We've received confirmation from listeners that this has been resolved with Pandora version 2211.1.

We recommend updating the Pandora app to the latest version. Here's how to update the app on your Android device:

1. Tap your profile avatar in the top right corner.
  2. Select Manage apps & device.
  3. Then tap Manage and scroll to Pandora for updates.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

If you run into trouble with Google voice commands in the future please create a new post, and reference this thread. This post will be closed from further comment to keep the community tidy.

Thanks for being part of the community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Twoblock
Local Performer

I just a week ago started having a similar issue with using pandora in my truck with android auto. All the sudden in the middle of a drive pandora stopped responding to voice requests through android auto. I hit the voice command button as for a song or artist and it's repeated back to me then pandora just continues playing whatever it was already playing. The weird thing is I can go into the search bar of pandora and it will show a search for what I asked for it just didn't play it for some reason. 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Mx325 & @Twoblock, Thanks for reporting this!

We are aware that some folks are having issues with their Google Assistant when issuing a command to Pandora.

I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Please let us know and thanks for your help with this! 🤝

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Mx325
Local Performer
  • Model: Samsung Galaxy S9+
  • Carrier: spectrum
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 10
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone): qp1a.190711.020.g965usqu9fvb2
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): 3/1/22
  • Pandora version: 2210.2

Same results on wifi or cell data.

0 Kudos

Twoblock
Local Performer

Model: Samsung s21 ultra 5g

Carrier: t-mobile 

Android version (Settings > About Phone): 12

Build number (Settings > About Phone): sp1a.210812.016.g998usqu5cvif

Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): October 1, 2022

Pandora version: 2210.2 (Android-tuner 22102002)

Cell data being used in the situation using Pandora for music in my truck. Assistant repeats request, there is a pause then Pandora continues playing whatever it was already playing but results for my request will be in the search history. 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Thank you @Mx325 & @Twoblock for sending me your device details, I have passed your info along to our engineers and they're working on it.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime! 🎧

0 Kudos

subhunter672
Local Performer

Having this same exact issue with Pandora.  repeats request back stops pandora but then what ever was playing before the voice request just keeps playing

• Model: Samsung
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 13
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone): TP1A.220624.014.S906USQU28VK1
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): Nov 1 2022
  • Pandora version: 2210.2(Android-Tuner 22102002)
0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @subhunter672 👋

Thanks for reporting this as well. We are aware of this issue and have an internal ticket open. I have passed your info on to our engineers and they are working on it.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime! 🤝

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi all!

Thanks for posting your experience with Google voice commands not working properly. We've received confirmation from listeners that this has been resolved with Pandora version 2211.1.

We recommend updating the Pandora app to the latest version. Here's how to update the app on your Android device:

1. Tap your profile avatar in the top right corner.
  2. Select Manage apps & device.
  3. Then tap Manage and scroll to Pandora for updates.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

If you run into trouble with Google voice commands in the future please create a new post, and reference this thread. This post will be closed from further comment to keep the community tidy.

Thanks for being part of the community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos