cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Music Stops While Using Bluetooth

Tankerz44
Local Performer

Every time I listen with bluetooth headphones or speaker it plays for 4 minn shots off but if I'm connected through android auto it is fine. How do I fix this 

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
11 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Tankerz44 thanks for posting to community!

If you haven't already, I'd try re-pairing the Bluetooth connection between your device(s) and the phone.

I'd also recommend clearing the app data on your phone. To do that:
  1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know how it goes and if you're still having the same problem 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JazzyLovesMusic
Local Performer

Did this resolve your issue? I'm having the same problem, but I don't want to clear my data & have to download all my songs again!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey there, @JazzyLovesMusic. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I completely understand your hesitation, but trying out these steps may fix for your issue.

After performing those steps of clearing your data, Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically.

If you haven't haven't already, you can also try updating the Pandora app to the newest version of 2006.1 to see if this helps.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:
  1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.
Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

If you have any trouble with your offline stations or downloading after this, please let us know. 🎧
Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

mrstwinkie
Local Performer

If you have the app background usage turned off, the app stops after a few minutes. Turn on background usage to fix this. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great suggestion, @mrstwinkie. 👍

0 Kudos

bebolding
Local Performer

Why does my blackview stop playing music from Pandora after 2 songs when using Bluetooth

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @bebolding. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Android: Music Stops While Using Bluetooth

First, I would recommend checking out @TannerPandora's post here for troubleshooting steps. You can also find those steps in this helpful article: Android Troubleshooting

• If the issue persists, does this only happen when using Bluetooth (headphones, speakers)?
  • Is your phone locked / asleep when this occurs? Or, are you using another app?

An additional option is to check your battery optimization settings here: Android Battery Optimization Settings 

Feel free to let us know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

Anniebammy
Local Performer

I have a Galaxy  S21, using my Bluetooth JBLAB

My Pandora keeps stopping too. Why?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anniebammy I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Music Stops While Using Bluetooth

I would recommend checking out @TannerPandora's post here for troubleshooting steps. You can also find those steps in this helpful article: Android Troubleshooting

• If the issue persists, does this only happen when using Bluetooth (headphones, speakers)?
  • Is your phone locked / asleep when this occurs? Or, are you using another app?

An additional option is to check your battery optimization settings here: Android Battery Optimization Settings 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

tmonson98
Local Performer

I just cleared data and it didn't delete any of my stations.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tmonson98 I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further?

To clarify, are you also running into issues with music stopping while using bluetooth?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos