cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Notifications Each Time the Song Changes

Hayhay
Local Performer

Everytime I open the app or when the song changes my phone while either chime or vibrate depending on how I have my phone set. I've already turned off all my notifications. How do I fix that?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

bob23
Local Performer

Disabling the 'Music Player' notification on this screen will remove the Pandora controls from the notification area as well as the lock screen. Here is the real solution:

Tap the 'Music Player' section in the screenshot above (not the toggle, but the words)

Enable 'show notifications'

Choose 'Alert' (instead of Silent)

Disable 'Show as pop-up'

For 'Sound' choose Silent

Turn off 'Vibrate' 'Blink light' and 'App icon badges'

'Lock screen' set to Show content

View solution in original post

66 Replies

mikerenfro
Local Performer

At every song change one or more chimes occur. Very annoying.  Premium account

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mikerenfro That shouldn't happen - I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps listed here.

Let me know if you continue to experience issues. 

0 Kudos

Fhestrella
Local Performer
While playing music on my Galaxy 8 plus, notification sound goes off for no reason and Pandora music volume lowers itself. I found out that pausing then playing again will restore normal volume. I also notice that notification sound turns on a few times when a new song comes up, not during the song. Any explanation to this error? Thanks!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Fhestrella I moved your message to this thread as it sounds like you may be experiencing a similar issue.

I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps listed above as well. 

Let me know if you continue to experience issues with this. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Hayhay.

Could you tell me a bit more about the device you're using?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Let me know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Rjwagner2
Local Performer
I recently got a galaxy s10e and using Pandora, whether just on the phone or over Bluetooth, whenever the track changes I get a notification sound and the following track plays at a greatly reduced volume. So low I can barely hear it. Pausing and u pausing will bring it back to normal. Likewise, if another app presents something such as maps speaking directions, it'll go back to normal. Incredibly annoying. I have to pause and unpause after every track. Happens with both online and offline listening. Anybody experience a similar situation, have any direction to provide?? Please help

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rjwagner2 I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

Sounds like you're experiencing something similar to @Hayhay's issue.

Mind trying out the steps listed here

++

If you still have issues, could you please provide a bit more info about your device?

• Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Let me know if the troubleshooting steps help. 

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Rjwagner2
Local Performer

Thank you, Alyssa!  Performed the steps and additonally uninstalled, restarted the phone, and re-installed Pandora.  Everything is working nornmally now.  Appreciate your help

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rjwagner2 Awesome! Thanks for letting me know.

Sounds like you're back to listening without any issues.

Enjoy the tunes! 🎼

0 Kudos

Vaultgirl44
Local Performer

My phone won't stop vibrating when I actually look at the app or when the song changes, is that a new feature?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Vaultgirl44 thanks for posting to community!

Pandora doesn't access settings on devices. I would recommend checking your phones settings to see if any changes have been made. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Spit
Local Performer

U have to go into the app settings and notifications and turn off the notification for the music player 

Screenshot_20200501-143809_Settings.jpg

TannerPandora

Thank you for posting this @Spit! 👍🏻

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jrockjwilks
Local Performer

I am having this same exact issue. So annoying. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @jrockjwilks. 👋

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Could you try adjusting the music player notifications for Pandora to see if this helps?

You can find out more info about how to do this here.

Let me know if you still have trouble. 🎧

0 Kudos

Chad19brown
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem on my Samsung galaxy. I recently reset my account and never had this notifications issue before. Now I get a notification every time the song changes. Is there a way to turn this off while still keeping the display in my notifications so I can skip or replay songs from my lock screen?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Chad19brown You can disable Pandora Push Notifications by opening Pandora on your Android device and going to the Profile tab.

Tap the Settings gear in the top right corner and select Notifications. From here, you can uncheck "Receive notifications from Pandora on this device."

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Kudos

bob23
Local Performer

Disabling the 'Music Player' notification on this screen will remove the Pandora controls from the notification area as well as the lock screen. Here is the real solution:

Tap the 'Music Player' section in the screenshot above (not the toggle, but the words)

Enable 'show notifications'

Choose 'Alert' (instead of Silent)

Disable 'Show as pop-up'

For 'Sound' choose Silent

Turn off 'Vibrate' 'Blink light' and 'App icon badges'

'Lock screen' set to Show content

tito565
Local Performer

You are the real MVP! This has been bothering me for a year!