cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Offline Doesn't Download Most Listened to Stations

Venus2924
Local Performer

How come I am always getting the same 3 downloads. Never anything else. Even though I listen to other stations more. I only get Beatles, Ac/DC,  CRC

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
26 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Kenna1Rose. 👋

Sorry to hear that happened. I understand how frustrating this can be.

Would you mind sharing a few more details? It's helpful to know:

• What stations are currently downloaded for you when you switch to Offline Mode?
  • What stations would you expect to be downloaded for Offline Mode?

Device Details:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 

Let me know, and I can pass this along to our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)

HiddenB
Local Performer

The issue evolves. It finally downloaded one of my most-listened-to channels. One song was downloaded in that channel. It is "fully downloaded" in that it is no longer downloading new content, but there is only one song. If I skip while offline, it replays the song.

If the issue has been "elevated to the engineering team", they be slacking. I have yet to receive any communications from anyone in the Pandora team. Seems more like Pandora doesn't have a software engineering team.

This is ridiculous. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @HiddenB. 👋

Thanks so much for the follow up, and sorry to hear that. We are aware of that issue and the thread can be found here: Android: Only One Song Plays in Offline Mode

In the meantime, rest assured that both issues have been reported to our engineering team. To clarify, you won't receive direct contact from anyone on our engineering team. They are working hard behind the scenes to identify and fix these issues. At this time, I do not have an ETA or a timeline for a fix.

Please note, all updates this issue and the one here, will be posted on the respective threads.

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos

kltrott1
Underground

Pandora is not picking my most listened to stations when offline, but instead a bunch of randos. Perhaps another glitch?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kltrott1 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Offline Doesn't Download Most Listened to Stations

Would you mind sharing a few more details? It's helpful to know:

• What stations are currently downloaded for you when you switch to Offline Mode?

Device Details:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 

Let me know, and I can pass this along to our engineering team on your behalf.

0 Kudos

michaelmail2412
Underground

OMG -- I love trouble-shooting when they ask for a million pieces of completely irrelevant information in the hopes of discouraging you from continuing. i.e. you can't tell me that the model of our phones affects what stations the algorithms pick to download our "most listened to stations"... I get the exact same stations downloaded also, ones I haven't listened to for over a year. 

We all know they just want you to upgrade your plan, that's the objective in all this fake helpfulness.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@michaelmail2412 I definitely understand your frustration.

The information we are asking for is at the request of our engineering team who is looking into this issue.

If you'd prefer not to invest any more time into this, we completely understand.

If you'd like to work on this a bit more, could you mind sharing a few more details? It's helpful to know:

Device Details:

• Model:
  • Carrier:

Let me know, and I'm happy to send this over to our engineering team so they can further investigate.

0 Kudos