Local Performer

Being able to download songs and/or playlist for android or iOS devices

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Kimberly Damron
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @WV304Girl Thanks for posting to community!

I moved your feature request post over to our Android Support board. As a Premium subscriber, offline listening is available on Android and iOS devices. Below is some additional information and steps on how to utilize offline listening for your device. 

Offline Listening is available to Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions.

As a Pandora Premium subscriber you can download stations, playlists, albums and songs for offline listening.

Pandora will initially download your three most played stations along with Thumbprint Radio.

You can then use the following steps to add or remove music from your offline collection:

To download music for offline listening:

1. Search for an artist, station, playlist, album, or song you would like to download, and click on its name to visit its backstage page.
  2. Tap the Download icon to add it to your offline collection.

To view your offline collection (while connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network): 

1. Open My Collection.
  2. Tap the Added bar underneath the artwork.
  3. Select Show downloads only.

To remove sources you have downloaded:

1. Make sure the app is connected online. 
  2. Sort your collection by "Show downloads only" (see above).
  3. Select the source you'd like to remove and tap Downloaded to remove it from your offline collection.

Both Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium listeners can also switch to Offline Listening at any time, so you can save your data and take the music you love wherever you go.

Let me know if you have any other questions about Offline Listening.

*If you're not seeing Thumbprint Radio in your downloaded stations, you'll need to add it to your collection.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @WV304Girl Thanks for posting to community!

I moved your feature request post over to our Android Support board. As a Premium subscriber, offline listening is available on Android and iOS devices. Below is some additional information and steps on how to utilize offline listening for your device. 

Offline Listening is available to Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions.

As a Pandora Premium subscriber you can download stations, playlists, albums and songs for offline listening.

Pandora will initially download your three most played stations along with Thumbprint Radio.

You can then use the following steps to add or remove music from your offline collection:

To download music for offline listening:

1. Search for an artist, station, playlist, album, or song you would like to download, and click on its name to visit its backstage page.
  2. Tap the Download icon to add it to your offline collection.

To view your offline collection (while connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network): 

1. Open My Collection.
  2. Tap the Added bar underneath the artwork.
  3. Select Show downloads only.

To remove sources you have downloaded:

1. Make sure the app is connected online. 
  2. Sort your collection by "Show downloads only" (see above).
  3. Select the source you'd like to remove and tap Downloaded to remove it from your offline collection.

Both Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium listeners can also switch to Offline Listening at any time, so you can save your data and take the music you love wherever you go.

Let me know if you have any other questions about Offline Listening.

*If you're not seeing Thumbprint Radio in your downloaded stations, you'll need to add it to your collection.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

wesnmiles
Local Performer

I just subscribed to the Premium so that way I could search for songs/artists to play while in Offline mode. It doesn't work. It only let's me search for the saved station. What good is that? Is something wrong with my app or is this how it actually works? I can search when online, but that's not what I wanted Premium for. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @wesnmiles. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. Thanks for your feedback around searching while in Offline Mode.

I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep everything organized: Android: Offline Listening for Premium

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread here. 

As a Premium subscriber, you can download albums, playlists, individual songs, and stations for offline listening. If you'd like to see more offline capabilities, I would recommend creating a feature request here.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

kendenny
Opening Act

I have Pandora premium. I want to change my offline station but can't figure our how.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kendenny I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Offline Listening for Premium

For instructions on how to download offline content (including stations) please check out the accepted solution to this thread here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos