cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Pandora Voice Search Does Not Respond to Commands

MusicFan78989
Underground

All of a sudden, voice search has stopped working. It will respond to, "Hey, Pandora" and open the search screen. When I speak, "Play...", the microphone icon pulses to the rhythm of my words, showing that it hears them. But nothing else happens. Then it usually returns back to the homepage. Yesterday, it crashed and restarted instead.

This is the same non-response, whether I am using wifi or cellular. 

I have double checked that the app has permission to use my mic and the voice search is on (again, this started on its own, without having made any changes). I tried clearing all the app's data, updating the app, completely uninstalling and reinstalling, and double-checking it can run in the background without optimizing the battery. I just cleared out more memory on my phone too.

Still no change. Texting and emailing support just sends me back the same response on how to turn on Voice Search. It's on. I never turned it off. Now what?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity *

Labels (1)
64 Replies

ballroompics
Underground

Additional data part 2. I returned from my trip. For the duration of my time in Michigan the voice assistant worked when I was on wi-fi. This includes two homes and one coffee shop (1 in Detroit, 2 in Petoskey - about 3.5 hrs by car from Detroit). Now that I am back in the tri-state area (NY, CT, NJ) pandora voice assistant on wifi stopped working again.

So.... two categories of problem.

Pandora voice assistant not working on cellular networks. Regardless where I'm located. 

Pandora voice assistant on wi-fi not working in NY, CT, NJ but working on multiple wi-fi networks in Michigan.

At home:

For cellular, I'm a Verizon customer.

For internet access (wi-fi), comcast aka xfinity is very ubiquitous with Frontier being 2nd.

Is everyone having this problem located in the Northeast?

Is there anyone experiencing the problem that is:

Not on verizon?

Not on comcast/xfinity?

Not in the northeast?

Trying to identify our points in common. 

0 Kudos

Tscarafiotti
Underground

I can shorten that down. If your on a dedicated wifi connection it works. Anywhere else, it dont. Since most of us use this driving, it wont work. Useless. 

California 

Att

Digital path 

Android samsung S23

0 Kudos

rdwrdwrdw
Local Performer

I have this same problem, if they don't fix their android app I'll most likely cancel my service permanently.

0 Kudos

Awwcool22
Opening Act
Already have after more than 20yrs.
0 Kudos

DM6977
Local Performer

Well I'm sure a lot of people have open cases but why has Pandora not fixed the problem because I have the same problem so it's not the cell phones it's not the person's cell phone that's the problem Pandora is the problem and I've had updates since I've had this problem and it has not fixed the problem with the voice assistant

0 Kudos