cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Pandora Voice Search Does Not Respond to Commands

MusicFan78989
Underground

All of a sudden, voice search has stopped working. It will respond to, "Hey, Pandora" and open the search screen. When I speak, "Play...", the microphone icon pulses to the rhythm of my words, showing that it hears them. But nothing else happens. Then it usually returns back to the homepage. Yesterday, it crashed and restarted instead.

This is the same non-response, whether I am using wifi or cellular. 

I have double checked that the app has permission to use my mic and the voice search is on (again, this started on its own, without having made any changes). I tried clearing all the app's data, updating the app, completely uninstalling and reinstalling, and double-checking it can run in the background without optimizing the battery. I just cleared out more memory on my phone too.

Still no change. Texting and emailing support just sends me back the same response on how to turn on Voice Search. It's on. I never turned it off. Now what?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity *** I'm so mad that a moderator changed my title to "Not responding to Hey, Pandora. IT IS RESPONDING TO "HEY, PANDORA". THEN NOTHING HAPPENS. This is exactly the  obtuse support problem that led me to post this comment. I keep saying, over and over, to every support person, that the voice search will open but then it does not search anything. I keep getting back the same gibberish on how to turn on voice search. SEARCH IS ON. IT DOES NOT WORK.

Labels (1)
40 Replies

Awwcool22
Underground
It seems Pandora doesn't care. I've already cancelled after being a premium
subscriber for over 10yrs.
0 Kudos