cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Playback doesn't stop after disconnecting from Bluetooth

Silverbemr
Underground

I have updated my Samsung s23 to the latest software, I think it's one ui6 and since then Pandora has had all kinds of issues. It won't autoplay after a song is done even though autoplay is on, it also keeps playing music when you disconnect a speaker from it. The only way for you to get it to stop playing is by going into the app info and doing a force stop. You can't even get it to stop playing by going to the task changer View and swiping the app closed. It shows that it is paused in the notification drop-down but it is still playing. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it a few times.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

47 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Silverbemr. 👋

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble after updating your UI. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. 

Clearing App Data:

Have you tried clearing the app data? If not, this is something I would recommend to see if it impacts your experience: Android Troubleshooting

Device Details:

In the meantime, I would like to share your feedback with our tech team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Samsung S23
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? Any error messages?

Let me know and I can pass this information along on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

ericabs
Local Performer

This has been happening to me as well. The music keeps playing even if I try to hit pause. Swiping the app to close it does nothing, nor does trying to "Close All Apps". They all close but the music keeps playing. Strangely if I re-open the app it shows a different song queued up with the play button present, even thought the music is playing. It's as if the app doesn't even know it's on. This identical thing also happens when I play Amazon Music so it seems like it's a problem with the update or operating system itself.

TannerPandora

Hi @ericabs!

Welcome to community! Thanks for posting your experience.

I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further review and investigation. Can you let me know the some additional info about your phone.

• Make and model of your mobile:
  • OS version:
  • Pandora version:

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Silverbemr
Underground

Samsung S23 plus 

One Ui Version 6

Android 14

Doesn't matter how I'm connected to the internet, same results. It's always this way, the only pattern is always. Carrier is AT&T.

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

bt949
Local Performer

Same here after update.

The controls on Pandora are frozen.

0 Kudos

ericabs
Local Performer

Tanner I'm running a Samsung S23, One UI version 6.0 , Android version 14 , Pandora version 2310.1

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Silverbemr @ericabs. 👋

Thank you both for reporting this issue. I've passed along your device details and feedback around your experience to our tech team on your behalf. We appreciate your patience during this process as I know this has been a frustrating issue.

Hi, @bt949. 👋

Could you share a few more details around your experience? Are your player controls unresponsive / greyed out? If so, we have this thread: Android: Player controls become unresponsive

For this specific issue - the latest update can be found in the accepted solution here.  

I can share your device details as well, if you'd like to provide them. It's helpful to know:

• Model: 
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
  • Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

ZaneHoneyfield
Underground

Same for mine. Also will not stop playing after disconnecting from bluetooth devices like it used to. 

Info as requested

Product name

Galaxy S22+

Model name

SM-S906U

Serial number

RFCT504M8CP

Pandora version: 2310.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 23101040)

Carrier AT&T

Using cellular

One Ul version

Android version

Google Play system update

November 1, 2023

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ZaneHoneyfield Thanks for providing that info.

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

mickeyS
Local Performer

After i get out of vehicle, pandora starts playing on phone. Does same to Bluetooth speaker, goes to phone after i turn speaker off. In pandora app, says it's not playing. I can't turn it off in the app, have to close all windows on phone???

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @mickeyS. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with playback after getting out of your vehicle or disconnecting from a speaker. Unfortunately, I have seen this issue pop up recently. In the meantime, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Playback doesn't stop after disconnecting from Bluetooth

Clearing App Data:

Have you tried clearing the app data? If not, I would recommend trying out these steps first: Android Troubleshooting

Sharing your Device Details:

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: 
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? Any error messages?

Thanks for your help with reporting this. 🎧

0 Kudos

KAK707
Local Performer

Im on Version 2310.1, on a Samsung S22+. I drive numerous vehicles and when exiting "any" vehicle, Pandora either continues to play and will not shut off...or...starts playing after about 5 minutes and will not shut off. I have done the "clear data" remedy and it does not work.

0 Kudos

AncientOne
Local Performer

I have the same issue:

Model: Samsung S22 Ultra

Carrier: US Cellular

One UI version: 6.0

Android version: 14

Pandora version: 2310.1

Happens when connected to either Wi-Fi or Cellular data. It seems to have started happening since the last on or two Samsung One UI updates. Never had any issues before that.  I have already deleted Pandora and reinstalled, cleared cached and app data. Every once and awhile it works correctly but more often than not once I disconnect from a bluetooth speaker, ear buds or car connection Pandora continues to play, the app buttons stop working and the only way to stop Pandora is to close the window.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KAK707 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Playback doesn't stop after disconnecting from Bluetooth

Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with our engineering team.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AncientOne It sounds like you are experiencing two separate issues:

I've added your feedback to the tickets we have open with our engineering team regarding both issues.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Zel305
Local Performer

Having the same issue. I downloaded the app yesterday and and when I disconnect my Bluetooth or play another form of media like a video or audio book the music keeps playing and the app becomes unresponsive.

Samsung s22 

One ui6

Android 14

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing those helpful details, @Zel305.

I've shared your device information and report with our tech team. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

JJOffshore
Local Performer

Same here, came looking for similar experience and you took the words out of my mouth.

This most recent update broke Pandora for me.

0 Kudos

yooby2
Local Performer

This also happens to me after the Android version 14 update.

Samsung galaxy A54. Comcast. Pandora version 2310.1

It's very aggravating to reboot my phone every time I get out of the car.

0 Kudos