cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Podcast Doesn't Resume on Correct Episode

hathormeow
Underground

Podcasts don't resume on the last episode that was playing. It starts playing the last few minutes of a random episode in the podcast that's already been listened to. I have to manually go into the list and find the episode I was listening to and play it from there. Is there a way to fix this? I found threads that reference this exact issue, but it didn't list what was done to resolve it. Just that it suddenly started working properly. I am on Pixel 3 with no other devices to test this out. Thank you.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @hathormeow. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running into this issue.

Let's try out these troubleshooting steps while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account. This trace will be helpful in case I need to report this over to our Android engineers.

You can find those steps here: Android Troubleshooting

++

If the issue persists after those steps, could you provide more details about your device?

• Model: Pixel 3
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you noticed any error messages?
  • Does this happen with one specific pod? Or, does this occur with various podcasts?

I hope the steps help. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @hathormeow. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running into this issue.

Let's try out these troubleshooting steps while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account. This trace will be helpful in case I need to report this over to our Android engineers.

You can find those steps here: Android Troubleshooting

++

If the issue persists after those steps, could you provide more details about your device?

• Model: Pixel 3
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you noticed any error messages?
  • Does this happen with one specific pod? Or, does this occur with various podcasts?

I hope the steps help. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

hathormeow
Underground

Hi, I've tried the above steps and the issue is still occurring.

I'm not sure about other podcasts, as I only really listen to one.

There are no error messages, it just starts playing near the end of a previously listened to podcast.

Pandora version 2110.1

Android version 11

It happens on both wireless and cellular.

Hope this helps!

Thank you.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for providing those details, @hathormeow.

I've gone ahead and shared this with our engineering team on your behalf.

Thank you for your patience while they investigate. 🎧

0 Kudos

hathormeow
Underground

Hi, just following up. I haven't heard anything and the issue is still occurring. Any word on a fix?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @hathormeow. 👋

Thanks for your post. A new Pandora app version (2112.1) should be released very soon. Once you're able to update, could you let me know if the issue the continues in the new version? 

Thanks for your patience during this process as I know this has been frustrating. 🎧

0 Kudos

hathormeow
Underground

Hello,

The reviews for the update are extremely concerning. While I would like to update, I will wait until there is a stable and reliable one. In the meantime, please review alternative fixes for the issues I am having in the app. This has been occurring for far too long.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback, @hathormeow.

I will pass this along to our engineering team for you. In the meantime, wishing you have a safe and happy new year. 🎧

0 Kudos

hathormeow
Underground

I am wondering about the progress on this issue. I have not yet renewed my subscription due to this issue. Can you provide a progress update or a phone number I can call to get a resolution?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

hathormeow
Underground

Not sure if anyone is reviewing these anymore, but this is still an issue. Please advise.

0 Kudos

hathormeow
Underground

I now have a Pixel 4a. Pandora has been completely updated after installtion on the new phone. This issue is still occurring and it is occurring across multiple podcasts. The episode resumes on a previously listened to podcast at a random point. When I skip to the end, it then goes to a random point in the next previously listened to podcast. This issue has never been resolved and I am not sure why there is a solution listed. Despite my better judgement, I have renewed my subscription and I would like a proper solution to this issue please. It is extremely tedious and frustrating to look for my current episode each time I open up the app.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hathormeow I have escalated your additional feedback over to our engineering team so they can help look into this further.

We appreciate your patience with this in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Braxerman
Local Performer

Podcast replays the end of previously played episodes and wont advance to the next episode.

I'm listening to the second date update podcast and after a certain episode it loops back and plays between 2 and 3 minutes of previous episodes. It's 4 or 5 episodes that wont retain their "listened" status.

It's a pain to scroll the list of 1200+ episodes to advance the Playlist every 15 minutes.

Latest version of pandora on Android app.

If I could get any insight I'd appreciate it.

*edit for spelling mistake*

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Braxerman 👋

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out with your first post. 🎉

To keep things organized I moved your original post onto an existing thread under Android: Podcast Doesn't Resume on Correct Episode

I've enabled a trace on your account so that we can take a closer look at what's going on. For this trace to be helpful please complete our Android Troubleshooting steps and try again.

In addition, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team on an internal ticket we have open. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):):
  • Pandora version:
  • Which podcast(s) is this occurring on?

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this! 🤝

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Braxerman
Local Performer

Sorry about posting in the wrong place.

Samsung galaxy S10. Running Android 12. Pandora version 2212.1

The android troubleshooter didn't help me.

I'm only experiencing this problem with "Brooke and Geoffrey: Second Date Update Podcast"

I'm on wifi when I listen. 

The pattern I have noticed is that when I force the next episode that I havent heard. It always plays the episode from November 23rd 2020 afterwards. It's called Second Date Update Podcast: codeword seatbelt.  And goes up in date from there. And after 5 or 6 episodes it hadn't played a "new" episode.

The episodes usually start with 2 minutes left. 

Let me know if you need more info from me. Thanks!

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Thanks for providing those details @Braxerman!

I've gone ahead and shared this with our engineering team on your behalf. Thank you for your patience while they investigate.

0 Kudos

Braxerman
Local Performer

Update for ya. The Playlist was working for awhile. As it started playing from the oldest episodes towards newest. After a time it has reverted back to playing the back end of previous episodes.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Thanks for the update @Braxerman and sorry for the continued trouble.

I've added that feedback to an internal ticket we have open with our engineers. We really appreciate you reporting this back to us and your patience while we get this fixed.

Thanks again!