cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: "Loading... Please wait..." error message

richael2010
Underground

So I can no longer play my Playlist that's I have saved since 2010. I also just recently realized I cannot play ANY playlist even the ones created by other people. It just says loading please wait... Then that's it. It stays there. Then I have to restart the app. I've tried deleting and reinstalling.. still the samething. I've been trying for 5 weeks now! I've had this account since 2010! I'm super sad I cannot listen to my playlist. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @richael2010. 👋

Thanks for your post about this.

Looks like you have a free account. Please keep in mind, listening to playlists is a feature of Premium. I do see that you've initiated sessions of complimentary Premium recently. You can find out more about how these sessions work here: Premium Access

Could you confirm whether this issue happens with playlists or your stations? Or both?

Are you receiving any error messages other than "Loading, please wait..."? If so, what does it say?

++

Troubleshooting:

I've also enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this with our engineering team. Let's try clearing your app data.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can check out Google's help page for steps on how to clear space on your device.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

richael2010
Underground

Thank you for responding. Ok so about the premium thing. I was told by someone else that works at pandora the samething about the playlist being apart of premium. So that is why I subscribed to premium to see if it'll play my Playlist and it still didn't play the Playlist. So I unsubscribed from it. So it can't be the premium thing. I've had this account for 10 years and now all of a sudden there's a problem with me playing my Playlist? Also, no it isn't just my personal Playlist that won't play. I also can't play songs from artists albums. Anything that requires me to watch a ad before playing it. I can't do. Except replays! Replays are working now. But if I want to listen to an specific artists song and I have to watch a AD before playing its a No-Go. It'll just say loading.... The AD will play perfectly fine but when it's over all I get is Loading.... SMH! 10 YEARS I've been here and now I just can't play my favorite songs anymore. 

As far as the troubleshooting..I've done all of this multiple times. Still isn't working. 

Troubleshooting didn't work

Subscribing to premium didn't work

Like what can I do to fix this? The suggested you all are giving me I've done and they aren't working. 

Thank you

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your reply, @richael2010

Stations on Pandora Premium are guided by thumb feedback or added seeds, like Pandora and Pandora Plus stations. While listening to a station you can thumb up or down songs from the Now Playing screen to help us learn what to play next. Stations are available for both free and paid subscriptions.

Playlists, on the other hand, are guided by listener's choice. This means you can add only the songs you want to hear, and sequence the playlist yourself. Playlists are only available for Premium subscribers or when initiating a session of Premium Access

++

Device Details:

That being said, if you're attempting to listen to a playlist, it would require you to initiate a free session of Premium Access. 

Based on your message, it sounds like you're able to watch the advertisement but you're unable to play content on-demand after. I can report this over to our engineering team for you. 

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

If you're able to capture a screenshot of what you see after watching the ad, this would be helpful too.

Let me know - thanks so much. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

richael2010
Underground

Thank you,

As I've stated I subscribed to premium and it didn't work. I subscribed and I still had the same results. I'm unable to play my Playlist and I'm unable to play any individual songs from my favorite artist. I've tried multiple times. Even with premium and it still didn't work. So I unsubscribed from premium.

Thanks

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @richael2010.

We'd be happy to report this over to our engineering team for you - we'll just need you to send us the following information:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

If you're able to capture a screenshot of what you see after watching the ad, this would be helpful too.

Thanks again for all your help with this. 🤝

0 Kudos

richael2010
Underground

Model: Samsung S20 FE 

Carrier: cintex wireless (was T-mobile also)

Android version: 12

Pandora version: 2205.1.1

And screenshot below 

And I've tried it on wifi and also cellular data also. 

Screenshot_20220806-104200_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@richael2010 Thanks for writing back with that. I've sent this over to our engineers. This information is really valuable, and helps us determine what might be happening.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

richael2010
Underground

Thank u so much!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all, @richael2010.

Thanks again for your patience!

0 Kudos

Artwork1991
Opening Act

Whenever I try to listen to a whole album, it does that "loading: please wait" thing. I know it can't be my phone, because everything else in my phone still works. What's going on?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Artwork1991 

Can you tell me a little more about your experience so I can take a closer look:

• What is the make and model of your device?
  • Which Pandora version are you on?
  • What is your Android OS version?
  • Does this happen on cellular, WiFi or both?
  • I see that you're a free subscriber, does the message immediately appear after you've activated a Premium Session and try to start an album?

Thanks for the extra help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos