cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android1909.1 Repeatedly Crashing

netindustries
Underground

The app stops playing after a random amount of time between 1 and 15 minutes. When I swipe back into the device, Pandora is restarting as if just launched, and begins playing again, for another random time period until another crash.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @netindustries Thanks for posting to community!

Let's try some standard troubleshooting to start with. 

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*
  1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @netindustries Thanks for posting to community!

Let's try some standard troubleshooting to start with. 

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*
  1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

netindustries
Underground
Thank you for your help! That wasn't the problem directly, but it led to the solution. I actually feel embarrassed because I should have realized I could clear the data along with the cache, because everything's on Pandora's servers. Anyway, after I cleared the data, force stopped it, then cleared it again and restarted, it played for about 2 minutes and crashed. But this time when it restarted, it had a prompt asking if streaming stopped, and a few things to try, with a settings button for battery settings. After I enabled "Allow background activity" under "Manage battery usage" in the Pandora app settings, it's been playing nonstop! Thanks again.

jhendon
Local Performer

You really need to start looking at your google play reviews and responding there. If, this works. I may, start using it again.

0 Kudos

Sks
Local Performer

I tried these steps on my Android Moto z.

But I have the same problem.

Please assist

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sks Sorry to hear those steps didn't help.

I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Carrier:

• Android version (Settings > About Phone):

• Build number (Settings > About Phone):

• Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):

• Pandora version:

• If you can open Pandora, go to Settings and scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

• If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out. We really appreciate your help with this.

0 Kudos

netindustries
Underground

What worked for me was clearing data and then enabling the allow background battery activity for Pandora.

1. Cleared my data like the original instructions

2. Then, go to Android Settings => Apps => Pandora

3. Under Pandora app info, click Battery

4. Enable "Allow background activity"

5. Click Force stop

6. Go back to Pandora app info, then Storage

7. Clear cache and data again (just to be sure >:) )

8. Open Pandora app

Dm5741
Local Performer
Every time I open pandora it just crashes. I've Uninstaller it and reinstalled it a few times and it's been about 3 weeks since it's worked. And I have the premium so I'm not sure what the issue is.
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Dm5741 Sorry to hear that the app is crashing. Have you tried clearing the app data on your Android? If not, let's give that a try. You can find more info on how to clear the app data here

Can you also let me know the Pandora version you are currently running? If you need help on where to find this, let me know. 

Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Antroby2g
Local Performer

Can anyone help i'm have an issue with the app, it starts up and shuts down  Immediately  I can't get app info or send feedback.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Antroby2g thanks for posting to community! I moved your post to this thread to help keep things tidy and it sound like you're having a similar problem. Also, it looks like you may reached out to our support team already. I'm hoping they were able to help with your problem.

If you need additional troubelshooting steps, please take a look at our help page here

Thanks for being part of community! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jz2mgb
Local Performer

It worked Tanner.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jz2mgb Sounds like those steps helped.

Let us know if anything else pops up. In the meantime, happy listening!  🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

VinceElrey
Local Performer

Open App Settings, find Battery Settings, enable "Allow Background Activity" for Pandora, or disable "Put to Sleep".  This solved it for me. I also cleared data and cache. The root cause is a recent Android update.