cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: App opens to same default station not last listened to

padaco
Opening Act

I've gone through the app settings and I'm not seeing a way to change the default station, nor how to just have it go to the last station listened to (like it used to do), nor how to just have it not open a station but to put me on my stations list so I can tap the one I want.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @padaco. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to set a default station on Pandora. It should be the last station listened to when you launch the app from your Android device.

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps here.

Let me know how it goes by responding directly on this thread. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

21 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @padaco. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to set a default station on Pandora. It should be the last station listened to when you launch the app from your Android device.

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps here.

Let me know how it goes by responding directly on this thread. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

macdafoe
Local Performer

Yeah....my Pandora always opens to same station. regardless of what I was last listening to. Whats it take to address this issue, since would like it to work as you have indicated, by playing the last listened to station when opening.

TannerPandora

Hey @macdafoe! Which device does this happen on?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Wmckee
Local Performer

This happens to me too. Annoying, seems like a small thing that shouldn't be an issue with today's apps

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Wmckee. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread as it includes the troubleshooting steps here.

If you still have trouble with this, please let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

RockWarrior
Local Performer

Same here.  It is 2021 right?  How about an option in settings to set your default station, including Apple products....

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @RockWarrior. 👋

Thanks for posting about this, and for your feedback.

We have an existing feature request that you can upvote if you'd like to see this feature implemented: Default station option 

To upvote, click on the 💙icon to express your interest. 

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

Punchin
Local Performer

I'm having this issue as well, but also on the Chrome browser on my PC. The accepted solution is for Android devices. It is also happening there as well, which means it's not my devices. The fact that it's a cross platform issue means it's my profile or the way the browser and app are saving the last viewed station to it.

I have a station to put my 2 month old to sleep with, a couple stations to listen to at work, and then my fun stations to use with my sub woofers. Putting the phone down by my 2 month old and turning his tunes back on only to be hit with a fun station that wakes him up is not fun. It's happened. I'll have been listening to it less than half an hour before and it switches. I've also had the WAY wrong song come through my speakers at work because it switched stations on the browser when I closed it for lunch. I've just gotten in the habit of making sure my system sound is off before turning pandora on no matter which device I'm using.

Shotty81
Local Performer

Over a year since OP and still an issue??  I have the same issue as previous post. Does not matter whether I listen on my android phone, Chrome browser, kindle, etc.

Let me guess... someone will direct me to another post in order to "upvote" it.

padaco
Opening Act

This issue stopped happening to me, completely randomly, I don't know why.

I don't listen to Pandora as much anyway, only partly because of this issue.

Considering this, maybe I should cancel my subscription. If obnoxious issues like this get ignored this long when they're still happening to people, maybe Pandora wants them to unsubscribe.

0 Kudos

Slytherclaw
Underground

On both my Samsung phone (J3v 2018 model running on Pie) & tablet (Galaxy Tab A 9.7 running on Nougat) the app plays the first station at the top of my list of stations instead of the one I was listening to previously like it used to. Both the phone & tablet are up to date & have the latest version of the app. Did this happen because I recently upgraded to plus or is it a bug? What can I do to get the app to play the station I last played instead of the first station which now seems to be the default station that plays whenever the app is opened? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Slytherclaw. 👋

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I moved your post over to this existing thread: App Opens to Same Default Station instead of Last Station Listened To 

At this time, there isn't a way to set a default station on Pandora. It should be the last station listened to when you launch the app from your Android devices.

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening, and in case we need to share this with our engineering team. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps here.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

Slytherclaw
Underground

Alyssa, I've noticed this happens when connected with a pair of bluetooth earbuds. Clearing app cache, data, and reinstalling the app did not help. Also a new issue suddenly popped up. It now started saying that my "internet connection was lost & it was switching to an offline station". However, I WAS CONNECTED to the internet nor did I ever turn off wifi. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me, @Slytherclaw. Sorry to hear that those steps didn't help out.

I'd like to report your issues to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your devices?

• Model: Samsung phone J3v and Galaxy Tab A 9.7 
  • Android Versions: Pie and Nougat (respectively)
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number:

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

defenz4u
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem.  Always defaults to Boom Box.  Favorite station is number two on my list.

0 Kudos

Slytherclaw
Underground

I discovered that it happened when offline mode in the app settings was turned on. It stopped doing it as soon as I turned offline mode off and hasn't happened again since. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Slytherclaw Thank you for the update.

Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

padaco
Opening Act

Why can't I heart this post? I'm having the same undesirable effect.

I was last using Shuffle Stations, and I'd prefer that to run again when I open the app back up, not the last particular station I last tapped into. I'm on the Android phone app by the way, latest versions of course.

I mean, if it's shuffling _stations_ then wouldn't the last played station be the one the shuffler last played?! I swear, I don't know how basic logic like this is missed or ignored. It's definitely not consistent.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @padaco. 👋

We value your opinion and appreciate your input. Sounds like you'd enjoy having this option available to you.

While this isn't a current feature of Pandora, feel free to upvote this existing idea to express your interest in seeing this option implemented: Ideas: Default station option

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

0 Kudos