cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App closes when pausing or answering calls

SiLV3R
Local Performer

I am also struggling with this issue, but I'm on the Samsung Galaxy s10+. And it happens if I'm on a Bluetooth device, have my headphones, or even just my phone. Let's say I'm listening to a good song, and I have to pause because I get a phone call, or someone is talking to me, I have to manually get back in the app. And when I do that, it restarts my station. This is when I am on wifi or data, it doesn't matter. And I dont know what else to try

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @RRL

Generally, battery optimization settings conserves battery power by preventing apps from accessing networks, syncing, etc. when not in use or in the background.  When you answer a phone call, the app is backgrounded which may disrupt the listening stream because of these settings.

I've had this happen to me on my iPhone. Let me know if you notice any difference with the playback. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

8 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SiLV3R I moved your post over to the Android space to keep the Community organized. 

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. When you say the app closes after a phone call, does the app exit completely, and no longer show under your recent apps view?
  2. Is there an error message when you return to the app? If so, what does it say?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

RRL
Underground

Mine is doing this as well. If I answer a call or pause it will close out but will still be in my recently viewed apps but will start over to another song and not continue with the song I was listening to. This didn't used to happen until this year. I have been through the troubleshooting with no help to this issue.

TannerPandora

Hey @RRL! Thanks for posting your experience. 

Sounds like the listening stream is interrupted when you answer the phone call, so when you return to Pandora it starts a new stream. 

Can you let me know the make and model of your Android phone, and which troubleshooting steps have you taken? 

In the meantime, I suggest reviewing your battery optimization settings. When updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default.

This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded. Due to the sheer volume of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for each and every device. I recommend looking up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app.

If you own a Samsung device, you may also want to check your Sleeping Apps settings.

Let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RRL
Underground

Make:LG rebel 4 

Model:LML212VL

Troubleshooting: I did as you suggested though, if you will, please explain how battery settings for the app affects Pandora performance. I attempted to do the automated troubleshooting feature but it didn't seem that there was an option to choose from that best fit my issue. I decided to post here instead.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @RRL

Generally, battery optimization settings conserves battery power by preventing apps from accessing networks, syncing, etc. when not in use or in the background.  When you answer a phone call, the app is backgrounded which may disrupt the listening stream because of these settings.

I've had this happen to me on my iPhone. Let me know if you notice any difference with the playback. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

RRL
Underground

Will do. Thank you!

Bassmonster3000
Local Performer

I was having the same issue. Cleared cache did not help. Turned battery optimization to allow maximum battery usage. No help. Pandora was not set to sleep when in background. Then I found this on another website '

Go to settings, apps, and then click on the streaming app you're using. Click on battery and go to battery optimization. Change whatever app you're using to "not optimized".

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for sharing that helpful tip, @Bassmonster3000. This could definitely help other listeners that may encounter this during their listening sessions. 👍

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos